You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Team 6

Default Tree Saddle,you using one?

http://www.trophylineusa.com/saddle.htm

Anyone using it?

Pro's / Cons please...Thanks, James
    To become a Bow Hunter,you must become a Archer first !!!

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
    team 6
    1.MagnifiedFur
    2.bamaboydave
    3.red man
    4.tnts79
    5.bowcraze30

I've been wanting one bad but dont have the money.

Thanks but no thanks.......I'll pass.

"HONDA"

Team 6

Quote Originally Posted by killasoundz View Post
    I've been wanting one bad but dont have the money.
    I am going to get one over the summer,you will probably need a set of Tree Gaffs for your boots,add 200 more for a good set, but there is no tree you cant climb as long as it will hold your weight...I have been asking around on other forums and the guys using them really like them,they climb quiet and you can get up a tree pretty fast and safely at the same time..not much to set up and no metal clang shots bursting through the woods...

Which one are you wanting to buy?

Check these out,, http://www.wesspur.com/Spurs/klein_spurs.html

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
    team 6
    1.MagnifiedFur
    2.bamaboydave
    3.red man
    4.tnts79
    5.bowcraze30

I was looking at the ambush TS007.

I dont mind the ladder stands Ive been hunting from but would like to get higher but as I climb up in my in-laws summit I start feeling uncomfortable and I tried a few times with a harness on and the summit and its way too much work.

Figured the saddle would be the answer and looks way more comfy with being able to move positions.

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Thanks but no thanks.......I'll pass.
    Same here!!
    Pearson Z-32 52# 28 1/2"
    Slick Trick Mags TEAM 2

I got one this year. It wont replace all my tree stands (I put up 6 or 8 every year) but it sure added some new dimentions to my hunting. I spent 6 hours in one my first day in the woods this year. I could do an all day hunt in it. I did get tired of it pressing on my ribs, but with all the different adjustments it has, I could tolerate it all day as well as most tree stands I've been in. I've preped several spots just for the Saddle. Unless another hunter is excepionally observent, they wont be able to tell I'm going to hunt that spot. The claim that you can roam around, find a tree to hunt, and be in the tree, hunting in 5 min., is extemely optimistic. Granted, I'm new at it, but I'm in good shape and have been climbing trees for years, but I don't see myself hunting an unprepared tree in less than a half hour to 45 min. I don't see anyone in poor shape liking it. It does take some getting used to even though I'm in good shape. If I leave the steps or a climbing sticks in the tree, I could be hunting the spot about as quick as a tree stand. If I have to put up my own steps, even in a prepared tree, it will take longer to get settled in. I got my Saddle on sale at MC Sports for 149.00. I stongly suggest following all the directions and practice, practice and practice some more before using it in the woods. I see myself hunting with it about half the time by next year. I'm very glad I got one. There are trees and places I wouldn't even try to hunt if I didn't have one.

No Thank You.

BWiz

Tree Saddle from Trophyline

Actually they are very comfortable to the point of making it easier to sit all day. Itís really no different than sitting in a car seat, hammock or seat on a swing. You are able to move your legs and so forth so there are no pinch points to cause your feet to get cold or fall asleep, you will feel a little snug around the lower rib area a kidney belt helps eliminate some of this. Just make sure you get one that is either your size or one size larger, if it's to small you will be to tight and uncomfortable. You can use this saddle with screw ins, ladders or whatever you prefer to get up in the tree with once your set you can shoot any direction completely around the tree or directly below you without any restrictions. They are very quiet to use setting up and coming down, and deadly quiet when setting up for a shot. Going in and out of a hunting area is sweet because you do not have issues with your stand snagging the heavy brush or any clinking of your equipment happening while sneaking into your spot. With the tree saddle itís like wearing a pair of shorts to your stand be it walking or riding a ATV. How often have you come across a hot spot and then had to figure how to set up or youíre spot that you are in has been patterned. Now you just find a tree and set up use the branches to your advantage there are no restrictions. Also you are in a safety system so you cannot fall out, even if you do take a nap.
    Take Care
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Team 6

So your legs dont get tired from sitting in it? That is basically my only worry,it seems like the back of your leg would get pinched at the end of the saddle...

Dont be climbing any Shag Bark Hickory's LOL....

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
    team 6
    1.MagnifiedFur
    2.bamaboydave
    3.red man
    4.tnts79
    5.bowcraze30

Team 6

Quote Originally Posted by Duck65 View Post
    Same here!!

Utility workers & Loggers do it everyday,dont be scared guys...

Like they said,the main thing is practice...Thats why I am getting mine for next season...

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
    team 6
    1.MagnifiedFur
    2.bamaboydave
    3.red man
    4.tnts79
    5.bowcraze30

The back side of your legs will be in good shape also youíre able to move around a little in the saddle as the long day proceeds, kind of like changing your position some in a chair as time goes on when sitting at home.
    You will need to pack your small stuff a little different because you will loose some access to some of your pockets, practice this a little while at home a foot off the ground, you should be able to catch on fairly fast this thing is not to complicated and you will also be able to organize your pockets this way versus being a rookie in the tree while using it hunting. You will still have the desire to use a regular stand once in a while but the saddle has a lot of stealth advantages that will help you key in on pressured bucks or property.

Good luck hunting!
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Team 6

Thanks for the help guys,I pre-shate-it...

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
    team 6
    1.MagnifiedFur
    2.bamaboydave
    3.red man
    4.tnts79
    5.bowcraze30