You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I want to make my own mistakes!!!!!!

SOOOOOOOO i make it to my stand last night with time to spare and let things settle a bit. 45 minutes later i see a truck drive to the middle of the field and park. guy walks 100 yards to the middle of the hedgerow and disappears. there goes my evening. Talked the farmer after dark and asked him if the guy was handicapped(a possible excuse for being a nit wit). The farmer said he didn't think so. To which i replied " the guy is a nit wit". Politely asked the farmer to talk to him since the farmer wants some deer killed and it won't happen with stupidity like that. all the time and money to be a scent free hunter, quiet, slow and then a brandy spankin new Nissan Titan drives into "the spot"!!!!!! just venting.

Since the hunt was ruined, you should have just walked over to him and asked him how successful his hunting technique is

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    Since the hunt was ruined, you should have just walked over to him and asked him how successful his hunting technique is
    THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT!!!

maybe it was an anti??
    I cut things up and split them down!

I would have climbed down and knifed the guys tires. And dumped a bunch of dirt in his fuel cell.

There is this buck I am after, and if some little jerkwad on his grandpa's 4 wheeler screws it up for me...I tell ya......I will go off. No to mention my nieghbor who likes to site in his muzzloader 50 yards from my stand.

Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

why would that spoil a hunt?.. i came back to my truck the other day & 4 deer were feeding all around it.most of the time i hunt where i can see my truck.if he don't come over to talk you are still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I would have climbed down and knifed the guys tires. And dumped a bunch of dirt in his fuel cell.

There is this buck I am after, and if some little jerkwad on his grandpa's 4 wheeler screws it up for me...I tell ya......I will go off. No to mention my nieghbor who likes to site in his muzzloader 50 yards from my stand.

The wind would have blown your knife off course and you would have knifed the ground
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

How many times have I come back to the truck, or camp for that matter only to find deer have been there after I left.
    Not to mention my first deer, was a similar situation to yours. The dumby in question was yawning after waking up and had the doe's full attention as she walked right to me, watching him. 5 minutes earlier I was ticked with him for being there. You just never know when it might be an assist.
    FBSA Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Werd View Post
    The wind would have blown your knife off course ...
    I doubt it.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Werd View Post
    The wind would have blown your knife off course and you would have knifed the ground

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by steve bear View Post
    why would that spoil a hunt?.. i came back to my truck the other day & 4 deer were feeding all around it.most of the time i hunt where i can see my truck.if he don't come over to talk you are still good.
    Because some people like to hunt the big bucks maybe your satisfied with shootin does and scrub bucks your whole life but the older mature bucks notice stuff like this. Yes there prolly were 4 deer feeding around it but how many were wall mounters...... exactly!!!! Tell the guy to get his lazy ass and walk a little bit instead of parkin 10 ft from his stand. If not put an arrow in the side of his truck then he will learnr real quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gizim_1132 View Post
    Because some people like to hunt the big bucks maybe your satisfied with shootin does and scrub bucks your whole life but the older mature bucks notice stuff like this. Yes there prolly were 4 deer feeding around it but how many were wall mounters...... exactly!!!! Tell the guy to get his lazy ass and walk a little bit instead of parkin 10 ft from his stand. If not put an arrow in the side of his truck then he will learnr real quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    where is it your place to tell a person what deer they should or shouldnt shoot??

Yea well I have lost to many nice bucks because of people violating and other dumb stuff like that happening so I really get offended when people do stuff like that because there to lazy or the deer just aren't on there property.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    That WOULD be good. Just stroll right on up to him and see how HIS day is going. I would hesitate to mess with his vehicle, he may not have known anyone else was out there.
    FBSA Member

Yea well I have lost to many nice bucks because of people violating and other dumb stuff like that happening so I really get offended when people do stuff like that because there to lazy or the deer just aren't on there property.
    thats not what I asked......you told a a person that they should not shoot the does and yearlings......

your response does not answer the question that was posed to you.......

you seem to be really good at that......

hit and run poster? or just trying to start crap........

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    thats not what I asked......you told a a person that they should not shoot the does and yearlings......

Excuse me do you know how to read I said........ MAYBE SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO SHOOT DOES AND SMALL BUCKS. How the hell is that telling somebody what to shoot it's personal opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT!!!

maybe it was an anti??
    Yeah, that would have been sweet.

I relate to those tactics... I use insightful correspondence to get a point across.... Like Wheel's approach... I like it....

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Maybe your just a hit and run poster? or just not smart enough to think of a way to dig yourself out of hole!!!

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

This is always a problem when YOU don't own the land your hunting on. It's also why we as hunters need to be flexible in our hunting approach and be able to vary our tactics to meet the changing conditions that we encounter. You wouldn't be mad at God for a change in the weather that causes deer to bed up hard would you?

If the guy has permission to hunt the same property, talk to him and tell him what he did. He may be a new hunter and has no clue as to what he should be doing. You might be doing both of you a big favor. If he just doesn't care, figure out where his stand is and where the deer are fleeing to when he arrives, then place a stand to cut them off. Use your wisdom and intelligence to overcome this obsticle and you may be extremely pleased with the results.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Just come over from AT, did ya?
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Just go talk to the guy and make him aware you have a stand close by.
    Mathews Drenalin 65lbs, Muzzys, Vortex Binos, ,Bushnell Bow Hunter, Equalizer tree stand
    The only stupid question is the one you never asked !!.