You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Set up

Default Set up

Whats every one's best tree stand or ground blind setup they have the most luck out of? I have had a lot of luck over apples since most years we don't have any acorns. I like secluded little pockets of apple trees seems to give me good success.

My best setups have always been funnels like this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 48down; 10-09-2008 at 01:31 PM.

This is what I saw under my apple trees this morning....
    Set up - Bowhunting forum Set up - Bowhunting forum

Downwind side of major bedding areas are my best spots. Best place to intercept cruising bucks in November.Far enough away to get in the stand undeteced, but close enough to see the does stand up when the evening aproachs.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Team 6

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    Downwind side of major bedding areas are my best spots. Best place to intercept cruising bucks in November.Far enough away to get in the stand undeteced, but close enough to see the does stand up when the evening aproachs.
    your a peeping tom LOL,going into their bedroom like that
    To become a Bow Hunter,you must become a Archer first !!!

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
    team 6
    1.MagnifiedFur
    2.bamaboydave
    3.red man
    4.tnts79
    5.bowcraze30

Sophia's dad

Setting up between food & beds has always given me the best luck. I have been seeing alot of deer this fall.

IMAGE_042.jpg

This ground blind setup is prolly my favorite just because I like to hunt water sources and theres a pond right to the left of the woods right the and that corner of the woods is where they come out!!!!

Default Favorite

I finally got to hunt one of my stands I have been dieing to get into this year. The stand is in a group of 6 or so apple trees about 75 yards from the edge of a big clear cut. I sneak up a crick and then I cut a little path to slip into this spot. About 20 min. to dark I had a nice 6 point come right under my stand. He slipped into a spot I couldn't shoot. All I could do is watch him eat apples through the grate of my stand. He turned and found my trail in and tracked me right to my tree. He looked right up through the small hole I climb up through and looked straight into my eyes. Woops never do that they done like it. He took off and stood over in the brush for a little while and then walked off. It was one of the coolest encounters I have had being so close to the deer. Hopefully I didn't realize what I was and will be back when I try again in a week or so.