You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Default Got them hooked!

Wife and oldest girl (15) just got done with their first lesson, where they spent an hour w/ an instructor at the indoor range.

While actually hitting the paper was a rarity for the first half hour by the end of the hour they were consistently at least hitting the black.

The best part was they were both grinning ear-to-ear which is a rare sight to see on a teenagers face. And mother and daughter were having fun together, and actually laughing and joking and with each other! How's that commercial go "Priceless!" ??

They both asked if they could go back next week. I told my daughter that if her room is clean, she can go .... So we'll just have to see how much she wants to go.

GREAT I love it when a family comes together my wife want to get involved in archery, I hope that she will.
    GO TEAM 12

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer870 View Post
    GREAT I love it when a family comes together my wife want to get involved in archery, I hope that she will.
    Though I offered to buy them both new tabs and guards, my darling wife didn't want to wear an arm guard at first, she said it was "uncomfortable and distracting"
    She has two painful and nasty looking welts, and a brand new arm guard, now...

Hope to get them out to hunt some day, they all love BBQ venison and smoked wild boar. But if all they ever shoot is foam critter, that's cool by me.

Great my oldest got hooked on indoor 3 spot. My youngest gave it a try. But this year hung it up.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Once she gets a little practice she will be able to loose the arm guard.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

I love to see someone new catch the bug. I shot my very first tournament in March of this year and was immediatley hooked. Now it's all I think about. I can't concentrate at all, but I am having the time of my life.

It's good how the sport kind of 'sucks you in'....
    I love it that families can shoot together.

That's what was cool about the R100. There were quite a few families there in general and 2 father/son/daughter teams in our 3Dshoots.com gathering.

We all had a lot of fun.

Just keep getting them out and have a good time.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....