You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Best times?

jsmall317

Default Best times?

So your opinions on when is the best time to be hunting in Texas? Taking into cosideration the moon and rutt season? Also the best way to hunt those days. IE grunt, decoy, doe bleet, rattle and so on. Like i said, Your opinion from experiance?

Default ...

I used to guide on the King Ranch, and it always seemed to me that the best time of year was around Thanksgiving through Xmas. Down there was much different than how I was used to hunting (midwest). We rattled a lot. Nearly everytime I rattled, bucks would come in. I've never seen deer respond to the horns any better than that.

Default November is the time to be in the woods

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmall317 View Post
    So your opinions on when is the best time to be hunting in Texas? Taking into cosideration the moon and rutt season? Also the best way to hunt those days. IE grunt, decoy, doe bleet, rattle and so on. Like i said, Your opinion from experiance?

First week is pre rut. Have your grunt call ready and rattling horns going. Big bucks will be showing domananace. Rut kicks in hard around the 15th. Find the does and hunt there. Have some doe estrous haning on a limb down wind. Buck decoy should work n early Nov. I carry a grunt call and doe bleat. Ofte if a bucks with a doe, I can call her with th doe bleat sound. Buck follows the doe.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers