You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: A day out

Default A day out

My wife let our little boy pick out a scratch off ticket, & won $40.

So we decided he should get the money, and our day out was planned.

Well yesterday was it.

First stop got two birds with one stone I got to go to a range & baby boy went toy shopping at the green tree mall.

The range I went to was Chicks Archery in Clarksville.
    You can shoot all day for $7, so I shot untill my arm was black & blue, & the knoc cut my face.
    I draw back till the bow screams.

Shot my yamaha, & redwing pro recurve.
    Not used to shooting straight on at a target indoors.
    Didn't do too badly.

Beat up a few arrows slapping together, Afewtime the others at the range thought I nailed a robinhood.

It's a 20yrd range, so bouncing back & forth between bows sighted compound & unsighted recurve was tricky, but I seem to shoot just as well with one or the other at that distance.

The rest of the day was all about movies, pizza, & playtime.
    Well and I went to Trans for sushi-- should have went to Kobe the quality & portions are better.
    Yamaha EX Coumpound, 50#@28", Toxonics sights.
    Bear-BlackBear Compound, 35#@28".
    Martin 35#@28" Recurve.
    AMF- WingArchery Slimline RedWing Pro 45#@28"
    Easton 1816 Lite, 100 gr Fieldpoints.

Chance favors the prepared mind-Tsun Tsu.

Your arm should not be black and blue. You should not be hitting your arm at all. If you are, it means one of two things. You are not holding the grip properly or your draw length is too long.

Glad to see you had fun though. I had one guy come in from the range that had a bruise on his arm. He said he thought it was just part of the sport and you get used to it. I laughed.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Most of the time a good slap on the arm is funny. When I had my shop, we had a guy who slapped it so bad he got sick and we ended up taking him to the emergency room. His arm was swollen really bad and had busted blood vessels. So Chris is right, there is something wrong if your slapping it that bad.

Glad to hear you had a good time shooting. And a great time out with the family is the best thing in the world for me. And I totally agree that string slapping arm is not something that should be happening during normal shooting. Once in a while I will try something stupid and hit my arm but not very often. Get that DL looked at it is probably too long. Unless the BH on the bow is below 6" then it may just be your grip on the bow. Good luck and have fun(no bruising allowed).

"HONDA"