You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck question

Default Truck question

This may not be appropriate for this forum, but I have come to respect everyone's opinion and experience.

I am likely going to buy a new 2009 Ford F150. Won't be able to until early spring likely, but maybe a little sooner, like Dec if I am real lucky. I would like to hear some opinions on Toyota Tundra, Dodge Ram (even though new model for 2009 just came out).

I like the Ford because of looks and added HP, torque. Also, they have maintained the 6.5 foot bed on the crew cab. They have added 6 in in the back to give 44 in of leg room. Makes equal to old Dodge MegaCab and Tundra crew max. They have added some nice side steps to reach into the bed as well.

I have a wonderful wife and 2 small children and a chocolate lab. This would allow me to get back into a truck, full size now. I am not worried about gas milage.

Little long, but would really like your opinions and wanted to give you some background about my decision. Oh, also $5000-$7000 cheaper than the other trucks I have built.
    Mathews Switchback XT/ 70 lb/Easton ST Epic 340/Rage 3 blade/Sims Mini S coil/Trophy Ridge Outfitter 5 pin/Ripcord rest/TruBall release

"I'll see you around, 'round my home town"
    Charlie Robison

TRADE in value on a toyota is always going to be better like a mathews bow resale is always better then other bows. (don't know why) I like the fords looks more the then the others also but im not a crew cab kinda a guy. O-ya I seen dodge truck 40% off sticker ! my buddy just got a chevy like your ford BIG like 20 some grand ! 2004 I paid 32 grand for the same truck. nows the time to buy but play hardball because they have to sell them!
    oops just seen you shoot a mathews sry I didn't mean anything by the resale thing
    HOYT KATERA
    PRO ELITE
    ULTRA ELITE

Going after my first deer

We use ford as our work trucks. I can only wonder how long they would run if we would actually take care of them. If they can take our abuse(20,000mile oil changes, etc) then a normal person won't have a problem with one. I never had any luck w/ Dodge. I'de say play hardball, cause you got em by theirs.
    '08 Martin MOAB 70# 28.5"-Sword Sights-Slingbraid-BStinger-Limbsavers fall-away-Tru Ball release-GT 7595's-Slick Tricks-'nuff said

keepin it up top
    Mathews Switchback XT/ 70 lb/Easton ST Epic 340/Rage 3 blade/Sims Mini S coil/Trophy Ridge Outfitter 5 pin/Ripcord rest/TruBall release

Charlie Robison

if you're gonna buy a full size pick up you better hurry. gas prices are plummeting. we're down to 2.59 here. people are gonna start looking to buy trucks again.

Default I know

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    if you're gonna buy a full size pick up you better hurry. gas prices are plummeting. we're down to 2.59 here. people are gonna start looking to buy trucks again.
    Yeah, I know. but I have 2 houses and student loans coming due from medical school. Until I sell a house (in Medina, OH if anyone interested) or my job takes over my loans (April 1st, or if a state program maybe Dec) then I have to wait.

Charlie Robison

I love the new tundra's, great trucks, but you can get an 08 f150 w/ a $7500 rebate!!! thats awsome

Toyota hold retail better after the sale too
    Target: Elite Energy, Copper John A.N.T.S., TT SS II, Posten 28" Victory X-Ringer HV 312gr.

Woods: Mathews Switchback, Trophy Ridge 5 pin, QAD Rest, Maxima Arrows

GO TEAM 3!!

I drive a 97 chevy and pamper the hell out of her. I like the absense of a 350 dollar a month truck payment . Not to mention insurance. You would think with the gas prices dealers are sitting on a ton of used trucks. Probably at great prices. Buy a 2 year old truck and baby her for 10 years.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

If your going to trade it in every few years you'll be OK with a Ford. If not, I'd look at a Chevy. My Ford is an 04 250, had to do complete brakes including rotors, and all 4 ball joints, out of pocket with 30K miles. Not to mention the spark plug issue on the 5.4's. Start reading in F150online on the spark plug issue.
    FBSA Member

King of the Bownheads

I have an '06 Dodge 2500 with the cummins turbo diesel. I know you are looking at gas powerplants but one thing to consider, I bought the superchips power programmer and I now get 24 mpg on the highway at 75 mph and about 21-22 in the city. And to make things even better, after I installed the new program my truck is FAST really FAST! It will burn the tires off pretty quick if you wanted it to. The downside is diesel is still $1 more per gallon when I live. But when you do the math, I am still saving money even with the higher diesel costs. And Dodge has some HUGE rebates going on right now.
    '08 Bowtech General.............'08 Bowtech Constitution
    G5 Extreme II......................Trophy Taker Fall Away
    TruGlo Tru-Site Extreme........Sword Titan
    Octane stabilizer..................Doinker carbon Elite

Irish Spring (Fresh Scent)
    Right Guard
    Old Spice
    Colgate Whitening

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Prov 27:17

Default truck

I have an 08 Chevy Z71, it has the v8 that turns of 4 cylinders and just runs on 4 when youre going down the road, I like the hell out of it, great milage for a full size crew cab. I would look at them as well

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    If your going to trade it in every few years you'll be OK with a Ford. If not, I'd look at a Chevy. My Ford is an 04 250, had to do complete brakes including rotors, and all 4 ball joints, out of pocket with 30K miles. Not to mention the spark plug issue on the 5.4's. Start reading in F150online on the spark plug issue.
    Just watched the vid on the F-150 spark plug removal. Thanks for that info. Kinda makes you wonder if an extended warrantee is worth the money.

I don't talk to people who drive Fords but I will say this...if I had the money, I would have loved to have a Tundra. Murdered out. Instead, I spent half the money and bought a new chevy and murdered it out and I've made all my payments on time so far....
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I don't talk to people who drive Fords but I will say this...if I had the money, I would have loved to have a Tundra. Murdered out. Instead, I spent half the money and bought a new chevy and murdered it out and I've made all my payments on time so far....
    Murdered out??

is that where you get so pissed at it, that you shoot it......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Murdered out??

is that where you get so pissed at it, that you shoot it......
    no. .......

no. .......
    then what?

Angry

then what?
    would you get with the hip hop scene already?

I know there ain't much to do in Michigan but for God's sake you need to get out more, Walmart doesn't count.

would you get with the hip hop scene already?

I know there ain't much to do in Michigan but for God's sake you need to get out more, Walmart doesn't count.

WHO THE HELL LIVES IN MICHIGAN??

DUMB

I wouldnt live in that dumpy state if you payed me......

Angry

WHO THE HELL LIVES IN MICHIGAN??

Michigan...,Indiana... Pennsylvania....whats the difference? Go play with your rabbits and get over it.

Michigan...,Indiana... Pennsylvania....whats the difference? Go play with your rabbits and get over it.
    I wish you would stay out of my barn, and leave my rabbits alone.....I am sick of chasing you arse out of there........