You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Is anyone having fletching contact on NAP 4000 drop away?

No matter how I set up my bows I get contact on the right prong no matter how I spin the fletching- does anyone have a remedy- I do love the rest but I do get contact. Someone save the day.

not sure about the NAP 4000 but I had a two prong style drop away rest and had the same problems but I started shooting **** vane down and the problem went away, sorry that this doesnt help you out, I have also heard that if you put baby powder of something on the arrow you will see exactly where its hitting?
    Last edited by Radar; 07-04-2006 at 08:19 AM.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Post Fletching

If you are right handed check cable on rest, it may need to be twisted so it goes to the right when string is released. I ran into this problem. Never hit a prong, only cable from cable slide.

Default thanks

I've done both of those suggestions- still havin issues- I appreciate the input- I dont know what to do next. Thanks.

Default Got rid of Mine...NAP 4000

I had the same problem with mine and had lower vane contact consistently with it. I even tried changing to a lower profile vane, which still didn't work. I found that no matter which vane I used on my arrows I still had contacted. I eventually gave up on trying to make my arrows work on the rest and went to a different rest. So I couldn't tell you if it was my set-up, arrows or vanes, which was causing the problems. I just got tiered of trying to make something work properly.

I would recommend trying to change types of vanes and/or arrows if you want this rest to work. But all the effort you put in trying to make it work may not be worth it and you could do what I did, just get a new rest.

Default thanks

Thanks Jay- I think you hit this one right on the head.

Sounds like a tuning problem to me.....What is the set up (arrows, poundage,etc)
    I cut things up and split them down!

I too think more setup detail is needed to make an educated response. So now I'll show how educated I am. How's the arrow spine and/or centershot of the rest?

I had a problem kinda like this, found out the rest was not coming down fast enough, or was bouncing off the riser and poping back up a little bit, I made more tension on the spring pulling the rest down faster, and put 2 layers of moleskin on the riser where the rest hits down, no more problem, im still not 100% what the problem was but i know this fixed it.