You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Questions on equipment

I am looking for suggestions to several questions. I shot years ago as a lefty, but I am right eye dominate. I am going to shoot right handed now. My problem is that I have a 32.7" draw length. I have looked at some bows that are new such as the PSE X-Force LD, the PSE Money maker, And also some Hoyts that allow that kind of a draw length. My first question is on buying a used bow, if I find a Hoyt or PSE that shows an available draw in my range but it is set up for lets say a 28" draw can I change it to my draw length. I would think this possible only becuase the web sight shows that my draw length is an option.
    Second question how much draw length can be made up from the release loop and release without making it difficult to shoot. I am getting my entire family into archery and we want to shoot 3D and field or indoor.
    I am also looking for ideas/ suggestions on how to set up a 3D range on my land. I am going to do this so it is available to other archers in area to use as well. I would want it to be set up to pass any criteria that the sanctioning organizations would need to become certified for competitive shoots. I realize that these types of ventures are expensive to start out but I think it would be worth it, I would also like to build an indoor range and need size suggestions, target types for both indoor and 3D. Also any guidance on safety regulations or where to find them. On 3D targets preferences considering what you may have shot at or what would hold up best. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Banned

O.K. not to second guess you but are you sure your draw lenght is that long? Was it measured at a pro shop? If it's not that long thats your first step, to get a bow that fits you properly.

I am 6' 7" I have an 81.75" arm span. and yes I was measured at a pro shop. That was calculated by dividing my span by 2.5, if this is the incorrect way then let me know of another. When I was 15 I was measured an it was a 32" draw at that time which was 23 years ago.

Banned

Boy, your a lanky fella aren't you. You could get different mod for bow to make up the difference for the drawlenght. As far as the sting loop and release it could shorten the drawlenght by as much as an inch or moredepending on your anchor point.