You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default This Blind rocks (long review)!

Anyone looking for the BEST blind, look no further as ASAT makes it! I heard all the great things being said from some guys using the ASAT and comparing it to their Double Bulls, but i was a little skeptical until now. I have a Double Bull BS5 and thought it would hard to beat, except in the cost department, so i had to find out about these ASAT's for myself and unfortunately stores don't carry them so seeing one was impossible. Well, my ASAT's came in yesterday and i couldn't wait to see what all the hype was about, so i popped it up in my livingroom. Everyone knows that DB's are at the top, so for comparisons sake, i'll compare it to my BS5 series. The ASAT is just as heavy as a DB, but the first thing i noticed as i pulled it out of the box was the great carrying bag with 2 (yes 2!) padded (yes padded) shoulder straps. I threw it on my back, and the weight almost went away after sinching up the straps plus the bag is very large to add things in it and unzips fully to easily get the blind in and out- Huge advantage ASAT on the bag! After getting it out of the bag i noticed the material, it is just like DB's but with my DB the material seemed thinner and let more light thru on the upper half where as the ASAT is completely black everywhere. The material on the ASAT is so tight that it was harder to open up than my DB, which BTW sets up exactly the same way. DB uses a 8oz fabric, ASAT uses a 9oz fabric and is stiched extremely well so small advantage to ASAT for the material. Size is also almost exact so there is no advantage there. Windows are different as ASAT uses triangles to create your full surround of site and are arranged with very minimal blind spots and are low or high enough to sit or stand to shoot (BTW, their are 2 camera ports that open up on the ASAT also). The screens on the ASAT come out, but my DB are sewn in thus not easily removed. The big advantage to ASAT's windows are they can be closed with a hook design like the DB, but ALSO be zippered closed which is a big plus in cold windy climates to block the wind off you- so big advantage to ASAT's windows. Lastly, the door (entrance into the blind) on the DB is just a vertical zipper straight up a corner vs the triangular flap the opens on the ASAT. I'm a large guy at 250lbs and i struggle to get into the DB with all my cold weather hunting gear on as you really got to spread the zipper wide to enter which in turn pulls the top of the blind down. The ASAT unzips to leave a nice sized hole to step thru so- Huge advantage ASAT once again. Now for the best thing of all, and i'm not talking about possibly the best camo pattern ever made (which is the only camo to come with a guarantee), and that is price! These ASAT would still beat out a $399 DB if they were $499, but at almost half the price of the DB at $250 these things are definately worth every penny and then some. Almost forgot to mention that the ASAT has ties and loops all around the outside of it also to stick brush in to hold it in place which is a real nice added touch!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BLIND HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    PREDATOR TRAILCAM's - TUFF BLINDS- Double D arrow pullers
    ARTIC ARMOR- The warmest/ lightest suits period- and they float!
    ASAT Blinds and camo clothing Dealer
    2009 MONSTER PHOENIX-i'm not afraid of monsters!

we have one just like that...

no the greatest color scheme for deep East Texas hunting... and it also ripped in the top middle...
    Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
    we have one just like that...

no the greatest color scheme for deep East Texas hunting... and it also ripped in the top middle...
    How did you rip it? Did a rod break and go thru it or something as that is the toughest material any blind has out there! As far as color blending in, you got to read about ASAT camo to realize it works everywhere, i was skeptical at first also until i read all the independant test and reviews on it (were just lucky not to be color blind). ASAT definately isn't a trendy fashion statement to wear to the company x-mas party though lol!
    BLIND HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC

Quote Originally Posted by swampbuck View Post
    How did you rip it? Did a rod break and go thru it or something as that is the toughest material any blind has out there! As far as color blending in, you got to read about ASAT camo to realize it works everywhere, i was skeptical at first also until i read all the independant test and reviews on it (were just lucky not to be color blind). ASAT definately isn't a trendy fashion statement to wear to the company x-mas party though lol!
    so what is the trick to making it blend in??

Well I honestly don't know how it ripped...my dad just said it did when he was moving it this weekend....
    Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
    so what is the trick to making it blend in??

Well I honestly don't know how it ripped...my dad just said it did when he was moving it this weekend....
    Brushing it in. The ASAT is great for that as it has a row of loops all around the top and bottom of it to stick branches in along with ties on it to tie branches to. Deer are color blind (so they say) so the blinds colors aren't what makes it dissapear to the deer, it's the camo pattern to break up it's shape and size thats important. ASAT has been independantly tested by many to be the best at that, not pretty but very effective!
    BLIND HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC

Decent enough blind but lets face it..... it's certainly NO Double Bull !

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Decent enough blind but lets face it..... it's certainly NO Double Bull !
    Thank god, thats why i sell them, most people can afford one and can get two for almost the price of one darkhorse lol!
    BLIND HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC