You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Beware, Free Martin Recurve Offer

I am fairly new to this site but was browsing last week and saw the add from LEISURE OFFER .COM for a free Martin recurve for filling out a questionaire. I know there is no free lunch but had a little time top kill so I started the questionaire, answered no to all the great offers, after a little over an hour finally got to the end and had to pick ( buy) two out of three items to be elligible for the bow. I backtracked and deleted everything all the way back to the start. Later that day I started getting spam, all kinds of junk mail. I have received hundreds of messages in the weeks time. I have been trying to unsubscribe but does not appear to help. I don't know what to do next but wanted to warn everyone here to beware. VB

Default SPAM-Should be outlawed

Thanks for the warning my friend and to 3DSHOOTS. Sorry to hear of all the SPAM you are receiving. I hope it stops soon for you.

"HONDA"

Default Spam

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier
    Thanks for the warning my friend and to 3DSHOOTS. Sorry to hear of all the SPAM you are receiving. I hope it stops soon for you.
    I hope so, got another 20 today. If it dosn't stop soon, I may have to change e-mail address. I knew better than to respond but did not have any idea it would get this bad. I knew there would not be any bow but just wanted to see what kind of line they had. Now I know. I see the add is still being ran. It should be stopped, but don't look like it will be.

Default Stop the Spyware

Download te free version of the Spyware Doctor from PC Tools (www.pctools.com) and let it do its magic. DONOT use Spystopper or any other anti-spyware software most are simple spyware installers.
    Hoyt Trykon
    WC Strings and cables
    Sure-Loc Supreme
    Apex Scope

To check for spyware download spybot S&D. It's free, it's pretty good and no additional spyware.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default spyware

Thanks, guys, I have adaware se. It seems to remove spyware pretty well but I will try the other. I need to be able to block this junk but so far I cannot. Also the "FREE RECURVE AD " is still running on 3DShoots.com. I hope they don't get too many people like me. I don't have any idea how many I have received but am now getting anywhere from 15 to 30 a day. It is getting old. VB

By the end of the day, that ad should be gone.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    By the end of the day, that ad should be gone.
    Thanks, Chris. I'm still getting the junk but just delete it and move on, maybe someday it will slow down.

I dont think he has a trojan or adware.
    He started a survey that at some point collected his e-mail.
    And even though he did not finish the survey, they captured and sold it off to spammers.

I once went to one of the loan sites like lendingtree and even though I canceled out, I still got a ton of mortgage offers and crap. You think you are just navigating their survey, but on every page 'next' you are actually submitting your data. Shady practices to be sure.

Yep, I agree same thing happened to me a few years back thats why I use an alternate E-Mail Address when I sign up for things. Just go to like yahoo or MSN and you can get an account set up for free and then every once in a while just go in and delete junk. This way your main E-Mail account does not get spammed 50 times a day. Sorry this info is too late for you Ex-Okie.

"HONDA"