You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Ripcord Arrow Rest

I just ordered a Ripcord Drop Away Arrow Rest Online for $65. Bsaed on a verbal recomendation, and what I could pick up from the online description, it seems to be a prettyy decent rest. For those of you that have (or don't have) this sight, I'd appreciate your pro/con comments.
    Last edited by Ancient Archer; 11-02-2008 at 10:59 PM.
    "A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
    2007/2008 Commander: 60lb/28" DL, HHA OL5519, Code Red, Choc Addiction, .400 Axis, Self-made Shoot-Thru
    2010 Elite GT500: 60lb/HHA DS5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, Victory VForce HV 400
    1965 Bear Kodiak Magnum Recurve 50lb, 52", Original Bear Quiver & Cedar Arrows

Good rest, I am on my 3rd year with mine.

Only thing I don't like,,,, my arrow makes a scraping noise when drawing it back, even with the felt on the forks. When I am out hunting I put a real small piece of toilet paper or a small piece of pine brow on the fork to keep it from making any noise when pulling it back.

and don't forget to replace the cord every other year, it does wear and you can't see it intil it's to late.

Thanks for the response.

Interesting comment about the arrow noise. Would something like teflon tape on the fork work?
    2007/2008 Commander: 60lb/28" DL, HHA OL5519, Code Red, Choc Addiction, .400 Axis, Self-made Shoot-Thru
    2010 Elite GT500: 60lb/HHA DS5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, Victory VForce HV 400

I love my Ripcord, and the felt on mine takes away all the noise. What kind of arrows are you shooting that is making noise??

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I love my Ripcord, and the felt on mine takes away all the noise. What kind of arrows are you shooting that is making noise??

ACC....

bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple harleyryder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Good rest, I am on my 3rd year with mine.

Only thing I don't like,,,, my arrow makes a scraping noise when drawing it back, even with the felt on the forks. When I am out hunting I put a real small piece of toilet paper or a small piece of pine brow on the fork to keep it from making any noise when pulling it back.

and don't forget to replace the cord every other year, it does wear and you can't see it intil it's to late.
    Might be the type of felt your using,I tried some that came with some other rest or something(kinda oval-football shaped) and it was NOISY, also make sure what ever you're using goes all the way down inside the fork....
    Hoyt Katera XL and Gold tip XT hunters arrows...Tipped with a thunderhead

I'm on my 3rd season with mine too. I really like it and I just ordered a second one for a bow that is on order. I have changed everything except that rest(sights X 2, grip, stabilizer, peep, strings/cables, arrows, fletchings, release, etc) .

Pros. - It works like it is supposed to.
    Cons. -
    Last edited by 48down; 11-06-2008 at 05:34 PM.

I received the Ripcord sight a couple days ago and installed it per instructions and per the Kenny Parson's that Ripcord sent me. All went well with the installation and it operates as described. However I found the clearances, between the prongs and also the top surface of the launcher arm (in down position), for the vanes to be very critical. I had to rotate the nock several times in order for the vanes to avoid hitting the launcher arm and the prongs, and to avoid hitting the bow string. Final position is with the **** vain vertical up. There is no margin for error. The vanes really left their marks on the rest - fortunately it washed off with rubbing alcohol. This situation really surprised me as I wasn't expecting this to happen.

I do wonder how much affect the flexible vanes really have on accuracy when either hitting the rest or string???

Also, the fit of this rest was barely adequate for the PSE Nova. In order to set the center-shot I had to bring the rest close to the riser. It comes in contact with the fillet radius on the shelf where it meets the vertical riser surface. It was a compromise fit at best. I don't know if Ripcord offers alternate prong designs, but I think they should consider doing so.

Frankly, if there are other drop-away rests out there that is as well made as the Ripcord, but with greater vane clearances, I would seriously look at that one. In any event, I have things finaly straightened out (I hope) and at 20 yds. I'm starting to shoot tighter groups. Now on to 30 yds.

I always shoot c o c k vane up with my WB and dropaways. Glad to hear you got it all lined out.

"HONDA"