You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default rest location on bow?

When setting up a rest on a bow what is the correct location to start. I align my arrow to the top of the rests machined hole. Then set my nock point off of that. I do minor tweaking with the rest later. Watch arrow flight and all typical arrow tuning issues. I have never really been told what is correct and just watched other shooters and this is about where everyone else starts. Now I've gotten into target archery all these little things play a serious factor. What ever it takes to achieve my most accurate shot possible. I seen a target shooter the other day and his was about 1/2" above hole. He said it shoots well there. Hoyt vantage 8 shooter and he shoots well. I shoot a constitution bowtech.

Best way to fine tune your rest is with a walkback tune, There is a Thread about it in the Archery how to section.

Do a walk back and I am sure you will be happy withhow your rest is set up
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyoming4x4 View Post
    When setting up a rest on a bow what is the correct location to start. I align my arrow to the top of the rests machined hole. Then set my nock point off of that. I do minor tweaking with the rest later. Watch arrow flight and all typical arrow tuning issues. I have never really been told what is correct and just watched other shooters and this is about where everyone else starts. Now I've gotten into target archery all these little things play a serious factor. What ever it takes to achieve my most accurate shot possible. I seen a target shooter the other day and his was about 1/2" above hole. He said it shoots well there. Hoyt vantage 8 shooter and he shoots well. I shoot a constitution bowtech.
    Half above the hole is standard. Then put a level on your arrow and set the the nock height. Then set up your center shot. Then walkback tune, and you good to go!

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member