You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Need some advice

I have been shooting a old bow. Dont know if you all have heard of it, it is made by XI name of the bow is Flatliner. I have always been really accurate with this bow, and have killed many deer with it. I am considering hanging the bow in the closet and buying a new one. I am stuck in the Diamond, Black Ice bow. What do you guys think of this bow? I am impressed with how smooth and accurate the bow seems, i have only shot it a couple of times. Is this bow a good buy? Does of any of you shoot this bow? Any responses would be greately appricated, good or bad.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Sounds like you found the one that works best for you; most all of the mjor manufacturers make a fine product, it's all personal preference - go for it.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner View Post
    I am considering hanging the bow in the closet and buying a new one. I am stuck in the Diamond, Black Ice bow. What do you guys think of this bow? Is this bow a good buy? Any responses would be greately appricated, good or bad.
    Diamond's are decent but they sell them at gander mt. for a reason. Keep trying different bows out and take your time. There are good deals to be had on used bows too if you know where to look.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Diamond's are decent but they sell them at gander mt. for a reason. Keep trying different bows out and take your time. There are good deals to be had on used bows too if you know where to look.
    Theres absolutly nothing wrong with a Diamond bow. The Black Ice is an awesome bow that shoots great and is buildt with quality. Just because a Bow can be found somewhere other than a Pro shop don't always mean its second rate.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

XI Flatliner was a great bow. But I am sure you will like the Black Ice even better.

"HONDA"

I still have my Flatliner hanging in my basement, it served me well too. I have never got the chance to shoot a black ice but my son did and said it was a good shooting bow. I also agree that you should shoot as many different bows that you can, side by side preferably.

Thanks for all of the advice. Does anyone have a bow that they would prefer other than the diamond black ice.

I personally prefer the Switchback XT over the Black Ice. But then again I've been called a fanboy before.

"HONDA"

The Black Ice is a great bow. I shot a ton of bows last year and almost bought one a year ago but prefered the feel of the Pearson Z34.
    Like it was said all the manufacturers today have good equipment out there. It's all up to what feels good in your hands. I shoot a Bowtech Allegiance and love it. It's smoothe, quiet, and rock solid.

good luck with your decision,
    Ed

GT500, but its 750 for just the bow...