You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Wisc State Field Archery Championship

Well, I shot Day 1 of the Wisconsin State Field Championship today. This is my first "real" field tournament.

Wow, this is the ironman competition for archery. 3D is a piece of cake compared to this (as a far as number of shots).

Day1: 28 field and 28 animal targets...140 arrows.
    Day2: 28 hunter targets (we shoot this tomorrow)

I shot decent for me, 270 on first half and 264 on second. Second half, I set the sight wrong on the 65 yard target and didn't notice until I shot the 2nd arrow

Shot 281 on the animals which is not too good in my opinion.
    I didn't gain any real points on the animal targets. Should have got more of these points.

I should sleep like a rock tonight and then get up early and do it again. I think I have my sight marks a little better now. We will see tomorrow. Sure would like to break above 270 per half.

If you haven't shot Field Archery, give it a try it will make you better no matter what flavor of archery you like to shoot.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Update... I heard an amateur shot a 559 today. Dropped one arrow on the 27th of 28 targets. That's just plain insane.

good shootin Chris!!

I struggled a bit on Day 2 but still had a good time. Good people, great course, good food.

The additional pressure of the tournament made for a rough day with the release. It seeed like I would be sitting in the bullseye and could not get the release to fire. I try hard not to punch the release and the result is sometimes I can't get it to fire at all.

I need to go back to the back tension and stay there.

Met a bunch of new people, weather was really good and we were done early on sunday.

good shootin Chris! I have been thinking about setting up my old Hoyt Accutec for Field Round so I can shoot my clubs league next summer I know its far off but it does'nt hurt to start planning for it now. I should'nt have a problem shooting it with a bow that max's at 50# should I? You remember the one I'm talkin about its that big damn thing I shot indoor part of last year with
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade