You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Heard a 2007 Bowtech rumor today!

This could be all pure lies but... I shot with a guy that supposedly has heard from Bowtech about a 2007 bow.

Get this 350fps+. Not only that but it supposedly pulls smoother than the current smooth mods.

I never met this person before so take it with a grain of salt but it sure sounds cool. Plus, I can't reveal my sources.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-09-2006 at 08:01 PM.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

You guys didnt hear, APA has bought Bowtech............
    I cut things up and split them down!

In 3D, a miss is a miss Ė I would think your margin of error would increase with that type of speed. Plus Iím not going to take a deer past 30 yards during hunting season, so I really donít see the benefit of that kind of speed.

Other than saying holy crap thatís fast --- What is the benefit of 350fps?

i have heard that BowTech is coming out with a bow that will make their current ones obsolete..... i have heard this from a sales rep for bowtech.... did not mention how fast just siad end of year they will have it ready

Its acctually a crossbow and it will fire rocket propelled arrows, it will be called, Anti-terrorism, staying w/ the patriotic theme of course.

I don't buy into the fast bows just produce a faster miss. If that was the case, they would have stopped working on new cams 15 years ago.

The bows speeds have gone way up in the last 15 years and the bows have only gotten better. If they keep the brace height up, I'll take the extra speed and shoot a heavier arrow.

A super fast bow with 5" of brace height is not for me. I wouldn't look at it twice, I don't care how fast it is. Not give me 7"+ brace and the same speed, now we are talking.

Yes, but I think alot of new archers are being told that they need a fast,fast,fast bow when that is the last thing they need. Usually faster is harder to control. Now there are alot of great archers that can definately handle 350fps but the average hunter is going to have some problems and that will lead to injured,non-recovered animals. I think some bows should come with a warning to prospective buyers.

"HONDA"

Yes, but I think alot of new archers are being told that they need a fast,fast,fast bow when that is the last thing they need. Usually faster is harder to control. Now there are alot of great archers that can definately handle 350fps but the average hunter is going to have some problems and that will lead to injured,non-recovered animals. I think some bows should come with a warning to prospective buyers
    I think high speed, low brace height bows fall in this category (like the old BlackMax 5-3/4 brace). However, you can't lump all the new fast bows into this group. That would be saying the average archer would shoot an old PSE XLR900 w/round wheels better than they would shoot a Switchback XT.

If a bow is super fast but has the right specs, I think it will be just as accurate as any of the slower. HOWEVER, tuning and broadhead flight will be more critical if your shooting a fixed blade head.

My Apex 7 is shooting 296fps at 61 pounds right now and it shoots incredibly accurate.

350 fps WOW now they will atleast have 1 good selling point, why dont they do a better job with puting the paterns on the risers, it wears off so easy, i hunt with a few guys that have 2005 bowtecs and the anodizing looks faded and worn badly in some areas, all my hoyts have spilled the same blood in the same mud and look like new with the exeption of a few scratches. No wear marks though. But 350 is amazing, I just hope im not around when the speed freek shoots a 300 grain arrow out of it at 72 lbs trying to get 380 out of it and it comes apart!!! But good luck to them guys!!!!

Wink

[QUOTE]350 fps WOW now they will atleast have 1 good selling point, why dont they do a better job with puting the paterns on the risers, it wears off so easy, i hunt with a few guys that have 2005 bowtecs and the anodizing looks faded and worn badly in some areas, all my hoyts have spilled the same blood in the same mud and look like new with the exeption of a few scratches. No wear marks though. But 350 is amazing, I just hope im not around when the speed freek shoots a 300 grain arrow out of it at 72 lbs trying to get 380 out of it and it comes apart!!! But good luck to them guys!!!!
    [/QUOTE/]

blah, blah, blah, blah.......ummmm....blah,blah,blah ....

Your insecurities crack me up! I'm guessing your practice isn't going so well.

It will be OK. It doesn't make your bow any slower bullspoooofer.

"the paint is wearing off ....

Thank God for our troops and BOW manufactures that step it up a notch!!!

Exclamation

What is the benefit of 350fps?
    Benefit - how about 60 ft/lbs of Kinetic Energy at 70 YARDS!
    The difference in a 310 fps bow and a 350 fps bow is an increase of 11%.
    Don't kid yourself - speed DOES NOT decrease accuracy. It might be a little tougher to stabilize the arrow (heavier spine) but if the brace height is held constant you are going to have an increase in bow efficiency - and that is ALWAYS a good thing - no matter what the brandname is.

GO BOWTECH

God Bless our Troops!
    Last edited by Next Ridge Over; 07-12-2006 at 11:10 AM.

Bullspoooofer?? my insecurities?? practice isnt going well *** are you talking about next ridgeover??? Bullspoooofer?? thats the best you can do? I post info on what i see with my freinds equipment, and you dont like it so you make accusations, call me names and so on, then have the nerve to call me insecure....

[Edited by Chris] - ** No personal attacks, no profanity, implied or otherwise **
    Last edited by Chris; 07-13-2006 at 02:57 PM.

I donít see myself anytime soon taking a deer pass 30 yards with a bow. Even though as tempting as it may sound to shoot something at 70 yards you might as well be using a gun. Shooting something that far takes the archery hunting experience away from it.

Maybe for spots or foam, but at this point I don't need faster equipment as much as I need tobe a better shooter. I personally donít feel comfortable with shooting something that fast. I have a responsibility to all and myself to know my limitations. I am very happy with the my current bow and if Hoyt starts next year only offering 350+ fps, than I will have to stick with my current bow or switch to a Mathews. (God forbid)

I guess in a nutshell Ė I personally (for myself) donít see the need for it, but for those that need faster bows --- then thereís benefit and can't agrue with that.

Geez - chill out spoof! I just think it is SMALL of you to highjack an exciting thread about a '07 product with your OLD NEWS oxide problems from the past. Tell your buddies to get the '06 - problem solved. Like you once told me BFD!

And a little knowledge for you - anodizing is NOT a word. To anodize is to coat metal with oxide. It is a verb - not a type of paint. When you ANODIZE something, you are making the metal the ANODE of an electrolytic cell. I'm POSITIVE that you can't wear that off.

Now can we get back to this exciting thread original thread

And I hear you Jay Are - you are a treestand hunter - I hunt in Easten MT where 40 yards is the norm, maybe not as exciting for the tree stand hunters.

Well I guess that was my cue to add my two scents, I could have swore that you said you would not talk to us anymore......

And the moment you do you attack someone.....I just wish the computer screen was out of the way so that we could see your cowrdly (im sure thats not a word either correct?) face, and relize you for what you are....

and that would be......anyone?????

I think we should start a new thread and call it "what is Next Ridge Over?"

Bet that would get a few hits, but you would probably not read it cuz it does not say Bowtech is the greatest.

Now why dont you do us all a favor and shut up!!!!!

where the heck is Easten MT?? Got any good bucks in that area??

Site Guru

I would love a bow with Allegiance or OG specs shooting 350 FPS.

The biggest difference will be for 3D, without a doubt. at that speed you could misjudge a target by 10 yards and still hit a great shot. I think that is the biggest benefit to a super fast bow.

for hunting I can't really see the added value, at least not for whitetail. For spots there is no benefit, who cares if your arrow gets there in 1 second or 5? its going 20 yards either way. Its going to be a lot of bragging rights over speed as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter
    Bullspoooofer?? my insecurities?? practice isnt going well *** are you talking about next ridgeover??? Bullspoooofer?? thats the best you can do? I post info on what i see with my freinds equipment, and you dont like it so you make accusations, call me names and so on, then have the nerve to call me insecure.... *********************************.. thats what i think....

Why does this happen whenever Bowtech is brought up???
    Last edited by Chris; 07-13-2006 at 02:57 PM.

I have edited a couple of posts here. Please follow the rules. No personal attacks and no profanity. IT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBUTLER
    Why does this happen whenever Bowtech is brought up???
    some people are jealous?