You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default What kind of Crossbow?

I want to get my 11 yr old son more into archery and less into gun hunting, but he has no desire to put in the practice I require for him to hunt with a bow. So I was thinking of getting him a crossbow for now because I know he would shoot that thing as much as I let him.

Never shopped for one before and really don't know squat about them...shot a couple and they were pretty friggin cool though! What should I look for???
    Hook 'Em Horns

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    I want to get my 11 yr old son more into archery and less into gun hunting, but he has no desire to put in the practice I require for him to hunt with a bow. So I was thinking of getting him a crossbow for now because I know he would shoot that thing as much as I let him.

Never shopped for one before and really don't know squat about them...shot a couple and they were pretty friggin cool though! What should I look for???
    doesnt PSE have a SS, you could have him hold and shoot it on its side like a hooodlem and a 9.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    doesnt PSE have a SS, you could have him hold and shoot it on its side like a hooodlem and a 9.....

My 1 son shoots a ten point that has the ****ing mechanism. He is 12 and has been able to **** it for past 2 years his self. We have 2 of them and they are great crossbows. They are very accurate out to 40 yards (2" groups with him shooting at 40 yards) no need to shoot any farther. I have twins and my 1 son went to compound this year. They can finally pull the minimum pounds (40#'s) this year. Ten point stands behind the bows too. We had a limb crack and no questions asked they fixed it. I highly recommend Ten Point Bows. They have been shooting deers since they were 8 years old.

Which one? How much should I look to spend? I don't want to fork out toooo much cash on it!
    Hook 'Em Horns

Which one? How much should I look to spend? I don't want to fork out toooo much cash on it!
    I will take a look what we have when I go home. They are on the lower end of the Ten Points. I spent about $450.00 for mine with scope, quiver and bolts on them, but that was a few years ago. Their bottom end bow will work just fine. One of mine is 165# the other is 175#. They both shoot the same.

Quote Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
    I will take a look what we have when I go home. They are on the lower end of the Ten Points. I spent about $450.00 for mine with scope, quiver and bolts on them, but that was a few years ago. Their bottom end bow will work just fine. One of mine is 165# the other is 175#. They both shoot the same.
    Cool man! I appreciate it....I was looking in the classifieds on AT and most are pretty costly!
    Hook 'Em Horns

Default Ten Point Crossbows

Are good quility crossbows. You wont go wrong purchasing one.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Cool man! I appreciate it....I was looking in the classifieds on AT and most are pretty costly!
    They are Titan TL crossbows by Ten Point. They are listed for $419.00 online. Here is a link.

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com