You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech....decisions decisions narrowed down but would like to hear

i went and shot 3 bows... the switchback XT, the Hoyt Strykon, and the Tribute by Bowtech. hard decisions thought i would look for opinions in the field vs the salesmen...... bowtech is the quickest and more kinetic energy for sure quieter than any other bow tech i have seen and not much recoil just does not feel comfortable pulling back... the hoyt tryon is the best looking to me and is the best Hoyt i have ever shot as is the Mathews xt... the decision now is the tough one as they both feel great ... if you have shot the XT and not the Trykon you should go try it.... i like speed but consistency , accuracy, (the shooter controls a big part of that), quietness is a plus...... now we have single cam vs cam and a half.... split limb vs solid limb because they both are neck an neck to me in quietness, accuracy, do not know cosistancy and do not know much about the cams or the limbs......... always wanted a mathews but now after shooting the trykon my mind is hazy again.... same price .... i appreciate any feed back on the limbs and the cams you guys may have ..... almost a coin flip on every thing else

If you are trying to decide between the Trykon and the Switchback XT and are asking which ones we like better.....go with the Trykon.....I like it better.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Do not listen to him the SB XT is better. Just kidding everyone has their own opinion on which bow is better you need to shoot them and then decide for yourself. If I did not buy the XT it would have been the Tribute, I liked the Trykon the least. Check out the blindfolded bow test on Bowsite.com.

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/featu...006headtohead/

"HONDA"

Default Thats not a hard choice

One word MATHEWS

Thumbs up trykon

I had the same problem.Kept shooting between the trykon and mathews xt.Loved them both but went with the trykon.Also i heard mathews overestimates their speeds and hoyt underestimates theirs.We did a test and with the setups the same the trykon was 10 fps faster.My bow should be in soon and can't wait.Hope this helps.

If you can't decide between the hoyt or mathews as they both feel the same to you in comparison, then do a little research into their used values these companies bring for resale. Might not mean much to you unless you replace your bow every couple years as I do. Hoyts on ebay hardly even get bidders and sell for peanuts and mathews bring top dollar with alot of bidders. Hate to make that point as i have always had hoyts myself and would like to sell my ultratec but i am tired of loosing $500 a bow and will probably switch to a mathews for my next bow, if equal in comparison to a hoyt. Either bow you buy between those three you listed will be a great shooting bow.

If you can't decide between the hoyt or mathews as they both feel the same to you in comparison, then do a little research into their used values these companies bring for resale. Might not mean much to you unless you replace your bow every couple years as I do. Hoyts on ebay hardly even get bidders and sell for peanuts and mathews bring top dollar with alot of bidders. Hate to make that point as i have always had hoyts myself and would like to sell my ultratec but i am tired of loosing $500 a bow and will probably switch to a mathews for my next bow, if equal in comparison to a hoyt. Either bow you buy between those three you listed will be a great shooting bow.

I would take a 30fps difference between the XT and Trykon for the smooth draw cycle of the XT compared to the Trykon. JMHO When I draw my 70# XT it feels like a 60#Trykon. That draw cycle was one main reason I bought the XT. Some guys cannot tell a difference but to me it was a big difference. You just have to shoot them and go by your own feel. If they both feel identical then go with the speed difference. But to me 10fps is nothing. Good luck

"HONDA"

I shot both and ended up going with the Trykon XL, The SB XT I did not like as much as the origional SB. So I got it narrowed down to the SB and the Trykon XL and the XL won, I don't know if I am just partial to Hoyt grips or what but the engineer on the SB grips must have been HIGH the day he thought up that design! The Trykon XL just was more comfortable for me all the way through the draw, while aiming and after the shot, but thats just me
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Default nip

The Best Bow Is Bowtech By Far. Tryed Others Not As Good As Bowtech.

Oh boy.........

Leave it alone.....keep your cool.....

Oh by the way the guy that invented the Switchback grip was drunk, not high....

Cuz drugs are bad and beer is good......

Sounds like there's alot of bowtech fans out there, please guys I can only whizzz on one name at a time...

When it comes to grips, I don't like most of the new grips on bows today, they seem to be too large and I end up taking the handles off. Shooting off the riser without a handle seems to give me a more consistent grip and feels better.

As you can see competition between bow companies is a good thing for the consumer. Each of the top bow manufacturers has greatly improved the line to try to win your bow dollars.

The choices are tough now. It used to be very easy.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Own More Bone
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Good thing I searched the forum first...

I am looking to purchase a new bow in the next few weeks. Back in April, I shot the Trykon XL and loved it. I did not shoot a Matthews or BowTech, but was told to give each a try. The bad thing is that BowTech is not sold locally in my town, ~60 minute drive to a dealer. However the local dealer does sell Matthews, so I will give it a round or two this weekend.

I have been trying to find the physical weight for the Trykon XL. Can anyone post this weight?

~MewMew

If I were to say boat anchor.......

or ton of bricks.....

or elephant.....

or Rosey Odonnell....Sorry i just had too.....

Weight is different to every person, I have never bought a bow on weight...

Default switchback vs Tribute vs Trykon

I recently purchased a switchback liked it but seemed a little slow.Trykon came out and I went to purchase it(was convinced that was the bow I was buying) went to the dealer shot switchback, trykon and tribute went home with tribute.Smoothest draw ever on a bow could not believe it was 70lbs felt like 60.Fastest bow I have ever owned.

I was the same way . i just purchased my first bow, and like everything else i buy i do plenty of research on all options. i too had it narrowed down to these three bows. my uncle bought a switchback xt, and he and i had been shooting it for about 2 weeks before i tried any other bows. between the mathews and the hoyt i had my mind made up to buy the mathews. then that afternoon i went to a Bowtech dealer. no lie... it took me one shot with the tribute to trash the idea of the other two. keep in mind this is my first bow and i started out with 80#. been shooting like a SOB and its still as smooth as ever. do yourself a favor and at least try the bowtech before you make up your mind. if your like me, it will be worth the 60 min drive. smooth, fast, comfortable, absoutely no hand shock and unbelievably quiet. just try the bowtech before you make up your mind and choose which one you like the best, thats the only way youll be happy with what you get.

If you don't like the Tribute, just try the Allegiance. I had all intentions of buying a Tribute, but took one shot with the Allegiance and was floored. Do yourself a favor and try it out.

Site Guru

I just bought a Ross CR331, can't wait for it to get here...

now I have a Ross and a Bowtech... DOWN WITH MATHEWS!