You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Muzzy broadhead users, question for you

Of the different Muzzy heads out, which one do you prefer and why? I really like the look and style of Muzzy. I did shoot the MX3, MX4 and regular 100 3 blade two years ago but could not get them to group past 30 yds. I shoot out to 60 yds and my bow was is in perfect tune.

I am going to try them again and see what happens but just curious which one(s) you use and why?

There is just something about them that catches my eye and I really want to use them but I couldn't get them to shoot too good They would "plane" really bad for some reason. I know Muzzy's pack a PUNCH and that's what I like!!

I like 4 blades because there's more blade area at the same diameter cut.

I prefer the 4 blade 100gr myself.....

You first need to start with a tuned bow and properly spined arrows....

I shoot 3 fletch arrow, 4 blade broadhead, and they fly as good as any expandable....

as your tuning if you have an arrow that is somewhat erratic, first make sure that your shafts are square and your braodheads are spinning true....

then you can try turning your arrow 120dgrees at a time and making a differnt vane your INDEXING vane.....

Also they send practice blades in the package FOR A REASON, USE THEM....

PM me and we can go over somethings that I have done......

MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT BOW AND ARROW COMBANATION ARE MATCHED!!!
    I cut things up and split them down!

I shoot 4 blade 100 grain and my son shoots 3 blade 75 grain. Both fly great.

i shoot 3 blade 100 grain just coz they were 30 bucks for 6 of them. shot a button buck with one and it left a pretty nasty hole
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

I shoot the old 3 blade 125 grain. They fly great for me and as with most any broadhead, if I put them in the right place they kill the deer. I also really like the price

I have tried several other broadheads in the past few years (none of the real expensive ones) and I just keep coming back to Muzzy. I really liked the Magnus stingers also, but I would rather have replaceable blades.

I probably will try the slick tricks someday now that I understand the new ones might be legal in OK.

I have been using 3 blad 100gr. for years. I tried teh MX3's last year and had success with them, but they deflected in two of the three deer i killed. With my 3blade 100gr. i use a rubber washer to alighn my blades to the vanes. I have great arrow flight all the way out to 50, but i don't shoot that far at deer.

My dad has shot muzzy's for probably longer than I have been alive, and I have shot them most of the 7 or 8 years I have been shooting. I tried a few others, but always end up back with muzzy's and for now I dont have much of a reason to try anything else. They have always shot very well for me, usually I dont have to adjust going from field points to them (100gr 3blade). They have always done a great job on deer also. Even when I was younger shooting a shorter dl and lower poundage I was still getting passthroughs with a nice hole left behind.
    Last edited by mystic1219; 11-13-2008 at 02:38 PM.
    Reezen 7, QAD, Axcel, B-stinger, Scott, Slick Tricks

I shoot the 4 blade 100 gn std head with blazers...they fly quieter than the slick tricks I use thats for sure. Spot on and true out to 50 yds. 6 of em for 30 $...hard to beat.
    Last edited by hunter2678; 11-13-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

James Drouillard

You can't go wrong with Muzzys! I have always had great luck getting them to group. Grouping out at the longer distances too. Now getting them to group with field points, not always for me. But how I have set up hunting bows before I never worried about having them hit with field pts. I just wanted great groups with broadheads. And that I always got! Plus, they are $30 for 6!
    James Drouillare...Adams Archery...Hoyt...Easton...Trophy Taker...Scott Archery...Doinker...Muzzy...Bohning

Old Archer

Thumbs up Muzzy Broadheads

I have taken about seventy whitetails with muzzy heads, in the three blade
    125 grain and 100 grain. A well made product, and very strong!