You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Rage

Default Rage

What is everyones opinion on the Rage broadheads? I belive the come in 2 blade or 3 blade. Which do you like the best or has worked out the best for you.

rage rock 2 deer combined tracking = less then 100 yards great blood trails and very acurate

The Rage 2 blades have been an awesome b-head for me! I've never seen another b-head that opens 'em up like the Rages do..... WOW! 4 deer with 'em this season and not a 1 has taken 50 yards on me!

This one was shot with a CX Aramid KV tipped with a Rage 2 blade, from 45 yards..... she only ran another 40 to my left! Never knew what hit her!

Rage - Bowhunting forum

There's actually a 3 or 4 page thread with pix from everyone showing their devastation over on AT right now. You should check it out.... it's graphic, but awesome!!!

I was in a deer camp for 7 days last week. 9 deer were killed and most of them were Rage heads. Incredible holes. Many fell within sight of the hunter.

Had one hunter report a blood trail that wasn't great but we found the deer. The deer had his body turned when he shot. After we found the deer, the hole in the chest cavity and the hole in the skin did not line up.

When he shot, the deer was turned looking another direction and had the skin pulled forward. The spacing between the hole in the cavity and the skin was about 3 inches. It was very strange to see but now you know how you can have a mediocre blood trail on a great hit.
    Last edited by Chris; 11-13-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Here is the link to the awesome RAGE thread going on. Many more incredible pix have been added even since I posted last..... you gotta check it out.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=770779

Last Sunday I shot a deer in the liver with a Rage 2 blade. It had a 2" cut from entry to exit. The only other liver shot deer I got with a blood trail that heavy, was shot with a 270 Winchester. Even though the doe died within sight, I still trailed her. The snow had mostly melted away but the blood was easily seen on wet dark leaves. Several patches were about 6" wide and a foot or more long. I found large drops and spatters between. My only complaint is that the tip was dull and the blades weren't sharp enough for me. I sharpened them before hunting. After soaking several hours in warm water, cleaning with a tooth brush, and rinsing under very hot water to melt all the tallow, I resharpened it and will likely kill several more deer with it. The big test will be if it hits heavy bone, like a front leg.

Buy them. I know they are pricey but after you wade through a Rage blood trail that leaves your clothes a bloody mess, and find a deer with a hole in it the size of Vermont, you will realize that they are worth every penny.
    Hoyt Vtec +
    Rage Broadheads
    =
    A lot of blood.

Shot 2 deer this year with 2 blade rage, both were not ideal shots, neither of them made it over 30 yards, with incredible blood trail, like i have never seen. pass thru on both 1 at 23 yards, 1 at 35 yards.

i shot a buck, doe and coyote with my two blades this year. they flew great killed the animals quickly, but i have had better blood trails with other heads.
    i had blood trails on the deer just not the best ones. but they both expired within about 40 yards from where they were shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images