You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: GT 500 speeds

Default GT 500 speeds

I have a chance at buying a used GT 500. The only problem is they are not sold close to where I live. I have never even seen an Elite at a shoot. I have only read about them. I would like some real world reviews from people that shoot them. Give me your good, bad, your ugly. Do they actually hit IBO? Do the cams actually run a little ling on the draw? Any limb issues? How does draw compare to the CAT cam?

Quote Originally Posted by poorshot View Post
    I have a chance at buying a used GT 500. The only problem is they are not sold close to where I live. I have never even seen an Elite at a shoot. I have only read about them. I would like some real world reviews from people that shoot them. Give me your good, bad, your ugly. Do they actually hit IBO? Do the cams actually run a little ling on the draw? Any limb issues? How does draw compare to the CAT cam?
    I don't have a GT500, i got a GTO. Elite makes great bows and you won't find a better machined riser or grip on any other bow today. They use the famous Barnsdale limbs which are also considered to be the best in the industry. My GTO draws smoother and holds better than my Mathews Drenalin did and the new cam the GT500 has is supposed to be smoother if thats possible! As with any bow, the draw length does run a tad long and the IBO speeds fall a tad short, but shoot whatever you have for draw length now for the Elite also. You won't be dissapointed with any Elite model, they are top notch bows!
    BLIND HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    PREDATOR TRAILCAM's - TUFF BLINDS- Double D arrow pullers
    ARTIC ARMOR- The warmest/ lightest suits period- and they float!
    ASAT Blinds and camo clothing Dealer
    2009 MONSTER PHOENIX-i'm not afraid of monsters!

Default Gt500

I have a GT500 @ 28.5 inch 70.24 lbs and it shoots a 491 grn fmj 340 @ 276 fps. Soo if you do the math my bow is shooting right at 323 fps with and ibo grn arrow. That is right at what it should be for the ibo speed at a 28.5 inch draw. THEY DO MEET THE ADVERTISED IBO SPEEDS. The draw length is right on using the amo way to measure drawlength. This is one of the most forgiving bows that i have ever shot and there is virtually no handshock or noise when you shoot. The draw on the bow is very smooth from initioal pull to the rollover into the valley. The wall on any elite bow is amazing due to the drawstop pegs.
    Last edited by Hoytshooter9; 11-15-2008 at 08:23 PM.

All I can say about Elite is AWESOME!
    Victory National Shooting Staff!

my husband and I both have elite bows. He shoots for an archery shop so weve shoot quite a few different bows.I find that my elite ice is the smoothest, quietest and fastest bow I have shot to date. We live in Ma. and had to order our bows from Pa.Not many dealers out there,as for the speed they are pretty much on the mark.