You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Mathews

Default 2009 Mathews

The Reezen 7.0 is calling my name!! Though not super impressed w/ the looks or specs of the Monster XLR8 but I'll wait to judge when they arrive in shops.
    Be good or be good at it.

looking at the Hyperlite........MSRP less than 400 maybe??
    I cut things up and split them down!

I will be honest, I was anxious to see what mathews was coming out with. I have a hard time shooting a bow with less then 35 inch axle to axle, because I my draw is 30 inches. These new bows don't have that, and such a short brace height. Maybe I need to go shoot one, just to see, I won't know until I try.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Default Rest assured

Mathews will sale many of these bows. Speed bows are in demand.

Prices should be interesting.
    DB

Quess the one cam catch us if you can slogan is out the door. Seems Mathews is catching others with there two cam bows. Honestly never thought I would see a two cam Mathews.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Hey Chris, which demo model are you receiving?
    Be good or be good at it.

Wow!! Those are nice... Cams look just like HF Cams. I wanna shoot one to see what 5" brace is like too. Was wondering when they were going to jump ship and start making 2 cam bows. Good for them.... Should have done it along time ago though. But they will sell a ton of them..
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

I'm kinda disappointed. even though I'm a Bowtech guy, I was hoping for some new technology to push the entire archery industry forward. I was looking for either a new limb material or something radical that would get 360 out of a bow at a decent brace height. instead it's dual cams and a 5" brace height. I guess we really have topped out the speed with current technology.

I hope the Mathews guys dont take this as a bash. the new bows look nice and I'm sure they shoot fine, but I was hoping for something really new.

Default 09 Mathews

I THINK THEY HAD TO DO THIS I AM SURE THE PRESURE WAS ON. THEY STILL HAVE THERE TARGET BOWS. WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENDS WITH THERE PRO STAFF.

Jerry Whittington

What is the REEZEN that someone would want a 32 ata bow.......

I just don't get it.....

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed. even though I'm a Bowtech guy, I was hoping for some new technology to push the entire archery industry forward. I was looking for either a new limb material or something radical that would get 360 out of a bow at a decent brace height. instead it's dual cams and a 5" brace height. I guess we really have topped out the speed with current technology.

I hope the Mathews guys dont take this as a bash. the new bows look nice and I'm sure they shoot fine, but I was hoping for something really new.

What we all fail to understand, year to year is this; bow manufacturers probably, very well have the materials, technology and design to produce a 400 fps bow... now, or 5 years back.

But

There's always a but...

They and many other industries learned alot from the technology industry, and a few others. It's called "Planned Obsolescence".

Why releas the absolute pinnacle of those three element now, when they know that the consumer has and will continue to "upgrade" year after year. And it works.

Definition from Wikki:
    For an industry, planned obsolescence stimulates demand by encouraging purchasers to buy again sooner if they still want a functioning product. Built-in obsolescence is in many different products, from vehicles to light bulbs, from buildings to software. There is, however, the potential backlash of consumers who learn that the manufacturer invested money to make the product obsolete faster; such consumers might turn to a producer, if any, which offers a more durable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Hey Chris, which demo model are you receiving?
    I don't know. I'll be able to tell you in about an hour when UPS delivers

Based on a post I saw on another forum. I think it is the Reezen 6.5. I've been trying to get on the mathews website all morning but it's dead. The traffic killed it.

I want more info on the monster bows and what kind of cams they have. I'm surprised to see a dual/hybrid cam on a mathews bow but they had to do something to keep up with the Jones'
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

The monster looks a quite a bit like the X Force.....Cams look the same and so does the limb configuration......

Quote Originally Posted by FOBsKILL View Post
    What we all fail to understand, year to year is this; bow manufacturers probably, very well have the materials, technology and design to produce a 400 fps bow... now, or 5 years back..
    They have had it a lot longer than that. I saw a post from Terry Martin that described 400 fps bows in the early 80's.

The problem with them is that they were very unpleasant to shoot. The draw was extremely harsh with the full peak weight starting at about 1" of draw and continuing until the last half inch where it dropped off suddenly to around 30 to 40% letoff. Brace height was about 3". I've never shot anything like this, but it seems a recipe for blown shoulders.

Bow designers have understood what it takes to get to 400 fps for many years. The advances that we've seen in recent years are from keeping bows fast and making them smooth enough for the average archer to handle it. After all they have to design bows that will sell and not ruin too many shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    They have had it a lot longer than that. I saw a post from Terry Martin that described 400 fps bows in the early 80's.

The problem with them is that they were very unpleasant to shoot. The draw was extremely harsh with the full peak weight starting at about 1" of draw and continuing until the last half inch where it dropped off suddenly to around 30 to 40% letoff. Brace height was about 3". I've never shot anything like this, but it seems a recipe for blown shoulders.

Bow designers have understood what it takes to get to 400 fps for many years. The advances that we've seen in recent years are from keeping bows fast and making them smooth enough for the average archer to handle it. After all they have to design bows that will sell and not ruin too many shoulders.
    Exactly, I have shot some of "those" bows, and no, they were not pleasant at all.

Mathews site is DEAD, And I really want to see whats new I am sad to see they went to a under 7 in BH. I am old fasion I guess but I like a long ATA and big BH. But I shoot a slow Ovation, I was hoping for a new bow in the 330 range with a 7 in BH. BUt who knows when the site is up mabey they will have just what I want
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

This is copied from ArcherySite.net:

Reezen 6.5:
    IBO Rating: up to 340 fps
    Axle-to-Axle: 32"
    Brace Height: 6.5"
    Draw Weight: 40 - 70 lbs
    Bow Weight: 4.15 lbs
    Letoff: 80%
    Draw Lengths: 24" - 30"
    Half Sizes: 24.5" - 29.5"
    *Specs are approximate

Reezen 7.0:
    IBO Rating: up to 335 fps
    Axle-to-Axle: 32"
    Brace Height: 7"
    Bow Weight: 4.10 lbs
    Draw Lengths: 24.5" - 30.5"
    Half Sizes: 24.5" - 30.5"
    *Specs are approximate

Monster:
    IBO Rating: up to 350 plus fps
    Axle-to-Axle: 33.5"
    Brace Height: 6"
    Draw Weight: 40 - 80 lbs
    Bow Weight: 4.4 lbs
    Draw Lengths: 25" - 30"
    Half Sizes: 25.5" - 29.5"
    *Specs are

Monster XLR8:
    IBO Rating: up to 360 fps
    Axle-to-Axle: 33.5"
    Brace Height: 5"
    Draw Weight: 40 - 80 lbs
    Bow Weight: 4.4 lbs
    Draw Lengths: 25" - 30"
    Half Sizes: 25.5" - 29.5

Hyperlite:
    IBO Rating: up to 325 fps
    Axle-to-Axle: 29.75"
    Brace Height: 7"
    Bow Weight: 3.45 lbs
    Draw Lengths: 23.5" - 30"
    Half Sizes: 23.5" - 29.5"
    *Specs are approximate

They have photos over there.

It looks like Mathews has gone for speed this year.

I was really disappointed in the new line, seems as though the copied the PSE Xforce line all the way to the speed nocks on the string. I guess their new moto will be "We'll catch up some day, if we can". Just was hoping for more out of them.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

some pics for those who have not seen them

Hyperlite, looks to be a DXT, minus the rollor guard.....

is the Monster a split limb??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    some pics for those who have not seen them

Hyperlite, looks to be a DXT, minus the rollor guard.....

is the Monster a split limb??
    somebody on AT said they thought it was, and that they called it part of the McPherson series, so I was half right........

I hope they use the Mission grip on the Monster line.......