You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Hunting lease costs

What state are you from and what does the average hunting lease cost per acre?

Here in OK I would say $3 - $5 per acre is common. Could be much more or a little less, but I think that is a good average for what I have seen. I have paid as little as $1.50/acre recently for 350 acres.

I have a lease in that $3 - $5 price range now and that includes any legal game (deer, spring and fall turkeys, waterfowl, whatever).
    Last edited by 48down; 11-19-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 48down View Post
    What state are you from and what does the average hunting lease cost per acre?

Here in OK I would say $3 - $5 per acre is common. Could be much more or a little less, but I think that is a good average for what I have seen. I have paid as little as $1.50/acre recently for 350 acres.

I have a lease in that $3 - $5 price range now and that includes any legal game (deer, spring and fall turkeys, waterfowl, whatever).
    Wow, maybe you could point me in the right direction,.. we are paying closer to the $10 per acre range here in Lincoln County, OK for 160 acres... I thought it was rather high, but not alot of choices when it comes to leasing around here.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

for a 100 arces $2 an acre
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

we dont technically lease but when they call me and ask if i wanna help put up hay im there doing it for free so i guess we lease for labor

You guys are lucky.....to get a good piece of land here you are going to pay between $30-$40 an acre. There are 40's going for 1500-1600. No joke. A good lease in prime buck country is going to cost you in Wisconsin....

Last one I was on ran $8000 per year for 1200 acres. 4 hunters... $2000 each.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Its always shocking to see how cheap a lot of other areas are going for these days!

Here in my area of west central IL tracts go anywhere from $20 to $70 per acre. The problem with this is that with these kinds of prices it generally takes a few guys to go in together and then you end up with to MANY guys hunting a relatively small tract.

Regardless, expect to pay atleast $2,000 for 40 to 80 acres tracts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Its always shocking to see how cheap a lot of other areas are going for these days!

Here in my area of west central IL tracts go anywhere from $20 to $70 per acre. The problem with this is that with these kinds of prices it generally takes a few guys to go in together and then you end up with to MANY guys hunting a relatively small tract.

Regardless, expect to pay atleast $2,000 for 40 to 80 acres tracts here.
    One of the main differences (besides the obvious size of the deer thingy) is we are often renting the entire ranch (barren ground and all) not just the woodlot surronded by bean and corn fields...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper