You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoyt Shooters

Default Hoyt Shooters

I seem to be having a problem with my Alphashox getting eaten up over time, especially on my top limbs. In the past year and a half, I have replaced them three times and have to inspect them every so often to move them down away from the cams.

I was wondering if anyone else is changing out their Alphashox as much as I am or have the same issues?

So the cams are eating the alpha shox?

Thats odd sounds to me like its hungry and you better feed that thing what it craves, more shooting time!!!!

The last part was just in fun
    I cut things up and split them down!

I have a new Trykon XL and have had no problems with the alphshox at all. I have had string problems though. I have only had the bow about 6 months so maybe I just have not had it long enough
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Contact SIMS or your Hoyt dealer. They will probably be covered under warranty.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I am one that rearly ever compains about things.

I called Sims and explained to them what was happening ... I replaced them twice and will be going on my third set... the person i spoke to said they will be sending me 2 sets for my troubles.

I will be giving an A++ to Sims for Customer Service!!!!

Thats awesome its always good to hear about companys standing behind their product and not blaming you for the problems
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Default tell me more

I hunt with a Tykon, Field shoot with a Trykon XL and 3D shoot with an Ultra Elite. My wife hunts with a Selna and target shoots with an UltraTec. I haven't had any problems like this. Did Sims give you any indication if your problem is unique to you or if this is a wide spread problem with Hoyts in general. It's geat that they gave something for you trouble.
    Hoyt Trykon
    WC Strings and cables
    Sure-Loc Supreme
    Apex Scope

Default Strings

Radar,
    The first thing I do when I get a new Hoyt is replace the strings with WC especialy the Trykon line, for me the Fuse strings are jut plain bad.
    Hoyt Trykon
    WC Strings and cables
    Sure-Loc Supreme
    Apex Scope

Ya I know what you mean, I am not very happy with the fuse strings, I need to get them replaced. I just don't think they are as good as Hoyt thinks

Quote Originally Posted by bengapple
    I hunt with a Tykon, Field shoot with a Trykon XL and 3D shoot with an Ultra Elite. My wife hunts with a Selna and target shoots with an UltraTec. I haven't had any problems like this. Did Sims give you any indication if your problem is unique to you or if this is a wide spread problem with Hoyts in general. It's geat that they gave something for you trouble.
    When I spoke to SIMs, they made it sound as if this was new and a isolated instance with me. I have spoken to some other guys that shoot with Hoyts and few said they do have a problem with the Alphashox moving up on the limbs toward the Cams. But none of them have the problem of the Alphashox crumbling in-between the limbs.

It is not an isolated problem. I have seen it a few times.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thumbs up For all of you Hoyt shooters!

Hey Guys,
    Check out the Hoyt Trykon XL raffle at www.thearcheryplace.com only $5.00 per ticket!

Default ???

Chris,

What do you think maybe causing it?
    Bad material, excess vibration in the limbs...?

Default alpha shocks

On a 2006 ProTec, I have had two sets of Alpha Shocks start to crumble and would come almost out of the limbs on the shot. Mainly the top one, but the bottom showed some wear too.

A good friend of mine shoots a 2006 UltraTec and was having the same problems.

Both bows were target bows with the slick finish on the limbs. I have heard of using hairspray on the alpha shocks before putting them in, but that did not seem to work. Electrical tape on the inside of the limb was another trick I heard that did not work. I ended up by a set of Limb Save Ultras and bolted them on right behind the Alpha Shocks. With the Ultras on behind the Alpha's, I have had not issues with wear or them comig out for about 3000 shots now.

My wife has a RinTec and there have been no problems with the Alpha Shocks on that bow or on a TryKon that another friend has, but they are both camo bows. My new camo ProTec is waiting at the shop, hopefully the camo limbs will work a little better with the Alpha Shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboy6

... My new camo ProTec is waiting at the shop, hopefully the camo limbs will work a little better with the Alpha Shocks.
    BB,
    I have a 2005 UtlraTec (Camo) which this is happening on, so I am not sure if the camo finish will help.

I just paid to replace them on my six months old Pro Elite. The top one broke apart so much it would come almost out on each shot. I cut the round short and took it in to the shop. When the guy at the pro shop put the new ones in, he suggested placing them a little farther from the cams than they originally came (1 to 1-1/2"). He is usually very good with that stuff so thats where I am using them.
    Ed R

I heard once that depending on where you place them in the limb will determine how much vibration they take away

Quote Originally Posted by Radar
    I heard once that depending on where you place them in the limb will determine how much vibration they take away
    I think that is certainly true so I would not suggest moving them to either extreme. Since mine were changed, my bow seemed to feel and sound quieter. That could be just my perception, or possibly that the worn shocks were replaced with new ones. I don't think the small shift in position has had any negative effect up to this point.
    Ed R

Default shox problem..

I have the same problem with mine... I talked to the hoyt people at and deer and turkey expo and they told me not to change them out for some thing different.. But man my bow eat's them up... They move all over they told me to have the string twisted more...
    Mathews DXT

HHA

mathews drop away rest

Victory V1

Shrewd stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are
    BB,
    I have a 2005 UtlraTec (Camo) which this is happening on, so I am not sure if the camo finish will help.

The alphashox on my upper limb creeps toward the cam, but hasn't ever come apart. My bow has a camo finish.
    Home-a-lite
    "Doing the best I can....AT ALL TIMES!"

Hunting:
    02 Mighty Mite 27'' 72lbs
    Beman Matrix 468gr. 255fps

Target:
    04 Protec 27.5'' 70lbs
    GT Pro22 349gr. 260fps