You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Buying Better Scores?

We all heard that the best way to buy better scores is to hire a good coach and do what he says.

However, Is there any piece of equipment that you've found that has helped you increase your scores?

Maybe a new bow or release?

For me it was a BT release that fits my hand and still allows me to get a good solid anchor. I have short fat fingers and a release made for bigger fingers and a slightly extended head helped my form come together.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

Best thing I have found to help my scores is an eraser

Seriously though, as I mentioned in an earlier thread, I bought a new Ross Cr337 and shot my highest score with it at the first shoot I went to. Biggest thing in rasing scores I feel is confidence in your equipment. Sometimes all that takes is a new release, or arrows or even a new bow.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Site Guru

Definately, when I got my Old Glory (i had a TRX36) my scores increased instantly, especially during longer shoots.

A thumb release signifigantly improved my ability to hold an ancor as well. I would say just about every gadget I've puchased has helped with my shooting, but nothing has helped as much as practice.

A rangefinder!!

No matter what you put on your bow or in your hand, if you can't judge yardage your scores won't go up!!

Two words............................................. ...........................Whisker Biscuit!!!!!!!! No just kidding Bowman

I would say the best thing I have purchased to better my score would be my first release Tru-Fire X-Caliper!!! Yes I know its not a wonderful release but when I used to shoot fingers my groups were all over the place. I was one of those guys who thought if I could put 6 arrows in a pie plate at 20 yards I was on top of the world. Now if (when I shoot groups) my arrows are not touching at 20 yards I think its the end of the world. So I would definately say a RELEASE.

"HONDA"

Mathews,
    Switchback,
    HHA,
    CopperJohns,
    Sure-loc,
    NAP,
    Carbon Express,
    Tru-Ball

And the best score Improver.......Learning to better judge yardage.

One would think though that, the more expensive the pencil, the better it should treat you.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default For me it was BT

For me there were a number of things that improved my scores only two can be pruchased the other are the result of many hours of good sound practice and I still think I have a long way to go.

The two things are 1. a Carter 2,75 back tension release and 2. time with a coach to teach me the proper way to use the BT release.
    Hoyt Trykon
    WC Strings and cables
    Sure-Loc Supreme
    Apex Scope

First off.. I'm going to have to agree with the yardage judging. Now, the day before each shoot instead of going out and shooting 100 arrows at a target I take my range finder and start walking... Just judging random stuff on the side of the road. That has seemed to help me more than anything. I still shoot some, but only about 30 arrows or so.

I'd have to say that second, would be the X-Cutter arrows I bought this year. They were quite a bit lighter so my speed is up and they have probably gained me about 8 to 10 points per shoot on average with the larger diameter shaft... But if I do #1 up there correctly, I don't have to rely on the X-Cutters as much to bail me out.

Also, as stated above.. Confidence in your equipment plays a huge role. You can't shoot well if you worrying about what you're shooting.
    "It's closer than it looks, but farther than it appears." - Yeah, I said that.