You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Okie Orange Army helped me out...

... with a lot of pressure which pushed deer our way.

This buck snuck in behind me. I couldn't believe it. Pics and story.. http://www.archerymadness.com/forum/....php?f=9&t=106

Thank you Orange Army
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TradRag Traditional Archery

Longbow: ACS-CX 58#@28. Arrow: GT5575 Traditional, 100gr. Brass insert, 125 gr. Magnus 2-blade: 530 gr. total.

Post the story here too
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Well I had the opportuninty to follow last weeks hunt with another one this weekend and boy am I happy and just as I was about to leave the house on Friday the mailman dropped off (just in time) a hat the Mike Sohm of Magnus Broadheads had sent me. Thank you Mike! May be my new lucky charm. (see pics)

Saturday Morning (cold) I got out and hunted high on the hillside watching were three small draws come together. Sat there for 45 minutes before pulling out my Doe Bleat In a Can and my new Primos Grunt (both of which I think helped last week on the 11pt.). After my first series of calling I heard leaves crunching and I had a small basket 6 point come running it quickly. He was coming right at me and turned about 12 yards out (slighly quartering to me) and at 10 yards he hit my downwind and decided he didn't like it much. He just turned and walked back out of the area. Wind picked up and I just headed back towards camp after about another hour.

That afternoon... After visiting with the guys in camp, we decided that our bottom area (McGhee Creek Area) was getting some pressure off property and may use that to our advantage. I chose a nice open area so I could see and settled in between a couple of trees on the creek bank, which offered a nice elevated postion for deer approaching the opposite bank. This is the direction where I thought they would all come in. Boy was I wrong. After a few series of Bleats and Grunts on my Primos calls the only thing that caught my attention was a raccoon across the creek. I bet I watched him for 20 minutes until I heard something behind me..... What???? behind me?? I just walked that way and surely any deer would have picked up my scent. Could it be??? Using my best peripheral vision there HE stood... 12 feet away. I panic on the inside. he's a 12, no an 8, no a nice 10. Thinking he just nailed me and this is over!!!!! What do I do??? He put his head down (remember, I'm on the ground at his level) and continued walking towards a low water crossing area. I get turned around and he jerks his head around.... second chance. I got away with it. whew! Thinking NOT too fast now. Slow down. You have time. He continues to walk and slowly turning broadside. I shoot! He is down within 60 yards of my setup. Hunt is over.

I am feeling EXTREMELY fortunate that I have taken two large bucks in a weeks time. Extrememly Fortunate. Now I am done for the season. New Oklahoma Regulations only allow for two bucks a year from the previous count of four.

Longbow: ACS-CX 58#@28. Arrow: GT5575 Traditional, 100gr. Brass insert, 125 gr. Magnus 2-blade: 530 gr. total.

In a Tree

Default ?

What did you shoot the second buck with?

Quote Originally Posted by culleng View Post
    What did you shoot the second buck with?
    both were taken with bow. Longbow: ACS-CX 58#@28. Arrow: GT5575 Traditional, 100gr. Brass insert, 125 gr. Magnus 2-blade: 530 gr. total.

Congrats, great story too!!
    Hoyt Kobalt 57#
    26 Draw Length
    Sword Twilight Hunter
    Cobra DiamondBack
    Maxima 250`s

Thumbs up

congrats way to put them down
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

AWESOME Story aand Buck!!! had seen your story on tradrag.com/forum. Awesome stuff man!

Nice to see the orange coats do you a favor once. Nice buck also.