You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default am I in trouble?????

I just bought a new 08 Marquis, was drawing it back messing around and when I was letting it down my fingers slipped off on the let down and I did not have an arrow in. So i had a partial dry fire . Felt the limbs and don't feel any splinters or anything. The string did not come off the cams, but the serving got a little messed up on the top wheel. What do you guys think ?

I am going to have the bow shop look at it but thought i'd check here as well. The string is no big deal, I'm going to replace string and cable with winners choice.
    Last edited by bburen; 11-26-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    2008 MARQUIS
    2005 VICTORY
    HHA
    GOLDTIP XTs

take a cottonball and rub it over the limbs, if the cotton snags inspect that area to see if the limb is slightly splintered. It is a very good idea to have it checked as well.

Best of Luck
    Clem
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

Few years ago i dry fired a split limb bow and i checked it out and a proshop as well all looked good,but two weeks later one of the top and bottom limbs cracked......so you never really know how a dry fire will turn out...

Quote Originally Posted by OneMustFall View Post
    Few years ago i dry fired a split limb bow and i checked it out and a proshop as well all looked good,but two weeks later one of the top and bottom limbs cracked......so you never really know how a dry fire will turn out...
    i know a guy that happend to as well need to get it checked out
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

Quote Originally Posted by bburen View Post
    I just bought a new 08 Marquis, was drawing it back messing around and when I was letting it down my fingers slipped off on the let down and I did not have an arrow in. So i had a partial dry fire . Felt the limbs and don't feel any splinters or anything. The string did not come off the cams, but the serving got a little messed up on the top wheel. What do you guys think ?

I am going to have the bow shop look at it but thought i'd check here as well. The string is no big deal, I'm going to replace string and cable with winners choice.
    It's probably not the end of the world (as far as your bow's concerened). A dry fire doesn't always end terrible. Have it looked at for sure. Diamond might cover the parts if needed. Most bow companies will eventhough it was your fault. No gaurantee's though. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this but hre goes..."Always have an arrow on the string when drawing a bow". Let us know how this turns out for you.

Good luck,
    Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Thanks guys! Emailed Diamond they said probably ok but have a dealer check it out. Going to bring it in after the holiday, hopefully it will be ok. And YES i learned my lesson no more drawing without an arrow nocked!
    Last edited by bburen; 11-26-2008 at 05:59 PM.
    2008 MARQUIS
    2005 VICTORY
    HHA
    GOLDTIP XTs

look at the cam . had one dryfired in the shop and the limbs and string were fine but the cam ended up with a flat spot and had to be replaced .

Default dry fire

On a bad dry fire inspect the lower cam and make sure it isn't bent or tweaked. I have seen damaged cams due to dry fire and they all bent the cams. Its easily seen on a visual when holding bow upside down looking at camshaft.

Wyoming4x4, upnorth
    You were right cam is bent!

Proshop said limbs are ok

So it wont be as bad as thought, was going to change to winners choice string so it will only cost about 80 bucks more than I was going to do anyway

Thanks for the responses guys
    2008 MARQUIS
    2005 VICTORY
    HHA
    GOLDTIP XTs

Default Glad I could help

Quote Originally Posted by bburen View Post
    Wyoming4x4, upnorth
    You were right cam is bent!

Proshop said limbs are ok

So it wont be as bad as thought, was going to change to winners choice string so it will only cost about 80 bucks more than I was going to do anyway

Thanks for the responses guys
    I've seen this with a guy shooting to light a arrow also. he pick up wrong arrow at range and oops their goes the cam. I'm currently setting up a new grip for marquis shrewd plastic grip. My hand fits the marquis funny and shrewd seems to be the best so far for me. Shot factory 2 piece and later a 1 piece wood grip but hand wouldn't set in same place everytime. now a shrewd I'll keep you updated on marquis stuff. shot a lot of arrows through mine this year and pretty much figured out what i need to know for me on huntin stuff.