You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default alpine archery bows

he guys im a noobie looking to buy my first bow.i have my eyes on a 2006 alpine avalanche match grade.please any info about alpine bows would be great,i found a place where in can get th ewhole bow kit for $593.98 which is about 100.00 cheaper than everywhere else that i have found.here is a link with a bit if info http://www.alpinearchery.com also thinking about the the Denali match gread also for 593.98

how would they compare to the matthews in same styles
    Last edited by briz50; 07-15-2006 at 02:48 AM.

In my opinion is doesn't compare to the Mathews Switchback XT or Hoyt Trykon. Save your money until you can buy one or the other!! You will be much happier!!! At almost $600, you're not that far away!

I am not sure about the model of bow. JButler is probably right on waiting until you can get the mathews. don't know of the alpine quality so I can't really give you help on that but you would probably be happier with the mathews. You make your own decision, what drew you to the alpine, price, model, ATA, brace height, speed? when you get the new one let us know how you like it
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

After I wrote the first reply I checked your link and checked out the bow. I probably would not choose the avalanche because it only has 6.25" of brace height. It is gonna make it alot harder to be accurate and since you are new to archery I would say get something with at least 7". 3/4 of an inch might not sound like alot but believe me it makes a big difference
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

hi,bro then what about the alpine denali,the brace on it is 7inches,also not quite sure what ur talking about when you refure to the brace,also how hoes it effect the shooting.i chose the 2006 alpine avalanche match grade because it came with some great extras light sights,arrow rest,ext......where the matthews comes bare.i also dont want to go all out yet untill i make sure that bow hunting is what i really want to get in to.dont get me wrong i would love to one the switchback or the switchback xt.but they cost too much for me right now.
    Last edited by briz50; 07-16-2006 at 07:56 PM.

Site Guru

I'm not positive but isn't Alpine the manufacturer that pulled all their bows out of all the shops except Cabelas or Basspro or something? Thought they were close to going under. But that could be somone else? so take that for what its worth.

I would definately suggest looking around. There are some really good bows out there that are solid, Diamond, Reflex, PSE...

or look into a used bow. You can get a lot of bowtechs from last year (used) that are in the 500 - 550 range, same goes for Mathews. Why buy a brand new bow when you can get twice the bow from somone else for 1/2 the price.

If you've shot the Alpine and you think it is the best bow for you then buy it, but if you shot it and you feel even the slightest bit hestitant about it then why spend your hard earned money on a bow your going to be unhappy with?

to many parts just to make a riser in my opinion, seriously look at the classifieds section on here and Acherytalk, you will find a much better deal than you are looking at right now.....I have worked on a few Alpines and all I will say is the quality just isnt there......would hate for a new guy to get discouraged from a great sport buy a less than great bow.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

i got a alpine rvx and i love it its shoots great 4 both 3d shoots and huntin

Hey Briz50, the brace hieght on a bow is the distance from the back of the grip to the bowstring. More is better that is what I think, the more brace height you have the more forgiving the bow is going to be. I used to shoot a Hoyt Supertec for 3D and You really have to be on top of your a game all the time to shoot good scores with a bow like that. I have a friend at the club who has 2 supertecs 1 for hunting and 1 for 3D and field, He shoots 300 59X, and indoor 3D around 330-335 for scores, he has been shooting them so long that he is just comfortable with it. When I got mine it took alittle bit to get confidence in it but it came. All I would like to tell you is get something that you can use for a while and be happy with, like bowman said I would hate to see you give up on a great sport because of not so great Equipment, I am pretty sure none of this came out right so I hope you don't get offended

thanks guys for the great advice,i think ill take my time and look around for a bit longer