You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Banned

Default Deer Pee Does it go bad?

So does it? I have a couple of bottels that are severl years old. I was wondering because I asked my oldest daughter what she thout of the new colonge the my wife got me (it was a bottel of deer pee) and she said it smelled like it was stail.

Quote Originally Posted by SinGin View Post
    So does it? I have a couple of bottels that are severl years old. I was wondering because I asked my oldest daughter what she thout of the new colonge the my wife got me (it was a bottel of deer pee) and she said it smelled like it was stail.
    yupper, sure does go bad......
    I cut things up and split them down!

I have had 2 buck follow Tinks 69 that was several years old. It smelled to me the same as a new bottle so I used it and it worked. It might depend on what you are using. An other thing you have people selling doe in heat in September and October before deers are in heat and claiming it is fresh. It must already be a year old when you get it because the deers aren't in heat yet to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
    I have had 2 buck follow Tinks 69 that was several years old. It smelled to me the same as a new bottle so I used it and it worked. It might depend on what you are using. An other thing you have people selling doe in heat in September and October before deers are in heat and claiming it is fresh. It must already be a year old when you get it because the deers aren't in heat yet to collect.

It is possible to get fresh stuff in Sept and Oct. The farmers that do urine collecting use temperature changes and lighting systems as well as simulated moon phases to get does to go into estrus. They collect estrus urine year round.
    You didn't think that they get all the urine sold nationwide just during November did ya?

And yes it can go bad, you can prolong it by keeping it refrigerated in a dark bottle. Inevitably it will naturally breakdown. Check out Mrs.Doe Pee. you can get freeze dried urine and activate it with distilled water whenever you want.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

If it has a stanky ammonia smell, its bad
    GO TEAM 12

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer870 View Post
    If it has a stanky ammonia smell, its bad
    It comes out of the bottle with that smell

I heard somewhere that most deer pee "manufacturer's" don't even have their own deer herds. That what you mostly get in those bottles is cow urine. Don't know how true it is, but I can say that I have never had a deer respond to it before (positively or negatively) in a way that I could see made any difference what so ever. I generally don't even bother wasting my money on it. I do put some out once in awhile because if it doesn't hurt, it might eventually help. If I want fresh, real stuff, I'll wait for a doe in season and collect my own.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.