You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default You seen the bowturbow? What do you think?

I saw this posted on another forum and see there is now a website.
    Anyone have any thoughts. There are no pictures of it it. It looks like a roller guard assembly for a normal cable slide rod?

What I can't figure out is why this would greatly increase the bow speed. It looks like it would increase the draw weight and possibly mess with the draw length?

Here's the link
    http://www.bowturbow.com/index.html
    Videos below
    http://www.bowturbow.com/videos/index.html
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

yeah, I aint getting it....i wanna see the groups you can produce with that thing......

see everyone wants in on roller guards......
    I cut things up and split them down!

and all this can be yours for $59.95.......

snyone remember what the Windstalker's sold for??
    I cut things up and split them down!

arrow splitting expert Robinhooder3's Avatar

They don't even give you a close up of the darn thing or tell you how it works. All they show is the chrono giving a higher number why no close up on it?
    Hoyt 05 pro elite xt 3000 limbs cam and a half.
    prostaff member of Moythewstech the inovater of the revolutionary singlebinary and a half cam system and the shoothroughultrathincenterpivot riser.

I'm thinking it's some device that puts some spring loaded pressure on the slide. If I'm wrong please forget you read this...I'm gonna be buisy

not really sure but i bet they sell some for sure...
    maybe you should stock a few extra cable rods too...

There is definitely something fishy going on here. The video is intriguing but their web site is lacking to say the least. Either it is a scam or the they got a bit excited and jumped the gun showcasing the product without a descent web page or adequate information. Did you happen to read the comments page on their site? Why would any company want comments like those on their site??? Interesting.
    Hoyt Vtec +
    Rage Broadheads
    =
    A lot of blood.

Snake oil salesman. Notice how shaky he is?
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

Default Interesting

Both have been in the archery buisness for quite awhile. I dont see them lying and ruining one reputation. I hope it works and works well.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple harleyryder's Avatar

From what I can tell doesn't it shorten your cable length which would make your draw longer and increase your poundage ?? But still that was quite a increase in FPS Might work............
    Hoyt Katera XL and Gold tip XT hunters arrows...Tipped with a thunderhead

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Joella is a Tn girl
    got her start in the early nineties
    she worked with us in the TWRA/ International Bow hunter Ed for a short while
    she was looking for some notoriety and I can remember her asking all kind of "how can I make this thing go faster" questions as she was launching her bow shooting career
    she was also a lot smaller
    of course age has a way of slipping up on you.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I read some other posts that say it dosen't increase weight or change the draw length. If this thing is legit, they are going to sell a million of them.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Both have been in the archery buisness for quite awhile. I dont see them lying and ruining one reputation. I hope it works and works well.
    DB

I have to agree,no reason to lie about a product,it always seems like these negative attitudes are the norm with archers,when these kind of products come out.looks like a great product,i hope it works out cause i sure would like one myself.............
    2010 PSE AXE 7

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I read some other posts that say it dosen't increase weight or change the draw length. If this thing is legit, they are going to sell a million of them.
    I don't see how it can give a speed increase without increasing weight? I'd have to know more.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Can't imagine it'd be any different than twisting the piss outta the buss cable.

More preload, more draw weight, 1/2"-3/4" more draw length. A little TLC on the rest of the bow tuning and it would still shoot bullet holes and group decently.

could actually work.

Would like to see it on a bow that isn't 300+ already, my bet is the gains are relative. Meaning, you may get the additional 25fps starting with a bow already doing 302, but what do you get when starting say.... 60# 285 fps?

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    I don't see how it can give a speed increase without increasing weight? I'd have to know more.
    exactly, nothing's free. to get that much more energy out, you have to put more into it. that thing doesnt undo physics......

It seems to be a very good idea.

The added speed appears to come from reducing the friction between the cable guard rod and slide. I know that there is some lost energy here, but 25 fps seems like a lot unless the slide badly needs cleaning.

I will withhold judgement until I hear from some of you "early adapters".

I really hope that it works since I have a short DL and wouldn't mind a few extra fps without higher DW or lighter arrows.

The price seems a bit high, but if everyone is getting an addional 15 to 20 fps, it would be worth it.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

wonder what IBO would have to say bout these

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Here's what I'm seeing. First, they are putting it on forward of where the cables would be at rest. Second, the cables do not get to travel rearward on the slide like usual. Thus, when you draw, you are putting more load on the limbs. More load ='s more speed. It has to increase draw weight. No way out of it. I'd be afraid of the extra load on the limbs. You could possibly put more load than the limbs were designed for.
    Hunt with your kids or you will be hunting for your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    It seems to be a very good idea.

The added speed appears to come from reducing the friction between the cable guard rod and slide. I know that there is some lost energy here, but 25 fps seems like a lot unless the slide badly needs cleaning.

I will withhold judgement until I hear from some of you "early adapters".

I really hope that it works since I have a short DL and wouldn't mind a few extra fps without higher DW or lighter arrows.

The price seems a bit high, but if everyone is getting an addional 15 to 20 fps, it would be worth it.
    I think the added speed comes from increased load on the limbs due to not allowing the cable slide it's full range of travel. guys on AT are claiming it doesnt increase peak weight or holding weight, but it has to be increasing the amount of energy stored in the draw force curve, so it will take more energy to draw. as long as it doesnt void the bow's warranty it probably will be a good thing for people who want more speed.