You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It has to increase both the draw length and draw weight. Take notice that it was mounted forard of the static position. That the cables ahd to be pulled forward to attach them.

Pull the cables forward on your own bow and see what happens. The cam over rotate a little. This changes the draw length. And as we all know you shorten the cables the weight goes up.

For those that don't know Martin came out with it's version of a roller guard this year on some of it's Pro series bows. In their literature that actually state that it increases the bows poundage by about 5# over using a standard rod/slide configuration.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

In the video, why don't they scale the bows before and after the install of the Turbow. They are pretty proud of the chronograph. readings. I agree with most everyone else that the draw weight has to increase during the draw. I'd be interested to see the arrow grouping, regardless.
    2008 Diamond Black Ice @ 65#/C.P. Oneida Extreme
    Easton Axis Carbon ST 340, Q.A.D. Ultra-Rest,
    G5 Optix SE Sight, G5 Meta Peep, Tru-Fire Excalibur II Release, NAP Thunderhead 100gr. BHs
    Great Sales and Service at www.oneidabows.net

Default One thing for sure

Bet it would void the warranty on about ever bow made.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    DB
    I'm thinking so as well.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

DB
    I agree with all of your statements in this thread.

The first thing that popped into my head was what my dad used to tell me, "if it seems to good to be true it probably is"

DB
    not most mathews or bowtechs this year
    I cut things up and split them down!

Speed is Energy...It has to come from somewhere.... ????

Id have to have one in my hands to pass judgement but Im very skeptical!
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I read some other posts that say it dosen't increase weight or change the draw length. If this thing is legit, they are going to sell a million of them.
    You got that , maybe 2 million!
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

combo of factors will really add up. They've admitted it could add 1.5-2 pounds max draw weight. They say it also adds 2 pounds holding weight. They haven't said anything about draw length, but I think most can understand that it would increase.

2 pounds peak weight= 4 fps
    2 pounds higher holding weight= lowering your let off by 3%= ??
    minimum of .5" DL increase= minimum 5 fps
    cams being over rotated= ??

Concerns of mine might be cam sync, grouping (especially cam & .5), draw stops which contact the limbs, prolonged use at altered limb deflection, prolonged use with excessive preload, set screws coming loose and safety concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    You got that , maybe 2 million!
    They said the same thing about the opti-grab

Attachment 12926
    Last edited by CutTheLoop; 01-12-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Here's what I'm seeing. First, they are putting it on forward of where the cables would be at rest. Second, the cables do not get to travel rearward on the slide like usual. Thus, when you draw, you are putting more load on the limbs. More load ='s more speed. It has to increase draw weight. No way out of it. I'd be afraid of the extra load on the limbs. You could possibly put more load than the limbs were designed for.
    Nice assessment, I totally agree w/ this.
    Be good or be good at it.

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Well the vid where they installed that thing on a kids/womans bow (Diamond) with 40 lb draw and 24 draw length shot at 205 fps increased to 239 fps thats a 34 fps increase. Pretty big stuff.
    I would really like to hear what the bow manufactures have to say about this little contraption.
    I think the reason they did not show any close up pics is because they are still working on patent pending which they will have just prior to their set release date in January.
    I wonder if they offer some kind of warranty that this thing wont cause any damage to your bow. Hmm.. guess we will have to wait and find out.

Think about this for a minit.Try to put 1 on a binary cam bow like an 07 synergy.To sync the cams on a synergy you bring the bow to full draw and when both cams touch the OVERDRAW PREVENTORS they are in sync.Now you are pulling those cables further away from the over draw preventors which will change the cam sync and play havic on the timing also increasing the risk of lock-up as the cables will be farther from the overdraw preventors.I will say you should be able to get more let-off LOL.I hope they hve good insurance.pulling the cables foward will increase the draw length,and poundage and also put extra preload on the limbs and riser and all of this is held by a set screw that is not designed in conjuction with the bow and it is aimed directly at you.Not to mention they are not even serving the cables.I hope noone gets hurt using this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by trophytaker75 View Post
    Think about this for a minit.Try to put 1 on a binary cam bow like an 07 synergy.To sync the cams on a synergy you bring the bow to full draw and when both cams touch the OVERDRAW PREVENTORS they are in sync.Now you are pulling those cables further away from the over draw preventors which will change the cam sync and play havic on the timing also increasing the risk of lock-up as the cables will be farther from the overdraw preventors.I will say you should be able to get more let-off LOL.I hope they hve good insurance.pulling the cables foward will increase the draw length,and poundage and also put extra preload on the limbs and riser and all of this is held by a set screw that is not designed in conjuction with the bow and it is aimed directly at you.Not to mention they are not even serving the cables.I hope noone gets hurt using this thing.
    BUT come on it has a rubber stopper
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    BUT come on it has a rubber stopper

now that's funny

OHHHHH WELL HECK FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID AND GIVE ME 1 LOL.I bet that rubber will really help ya out LOLI really dont think it would probably cause much damage if the thing would hit you but the bow itself would prolly do some bad things if it were to come loose.
    Last edited by trophytaker75; 12-03-2008 at 01:22 AM.

If it doesn't up the weight..........
    make the draw longer.........
    and throw it out of time.......

I would pay $60 for it......... but that ain't happening

OK, there is a good link on one of the other sites---hunting.net---an assessment by the one and only----Len in Maryland.

You can read it for yourself, but it makes sense. In short, with the increased rearward pressure on the cable rod it can become a virtual projectile in the event that the cable rod come loose from the bow.

Think about this. What holds most cable rods in a bow? Most often it's a setscrew. In some bows the rod is just epoxied into the riser. What happens if, at full draw, the rod becomes dislodged. Where is it going?

STRAIGHT BACK.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    OK, there is a good link on one of the other sites---hunting.net---an assessment by the one and only----Len in Maryland.

You can read it for yourself, but it makes sense. In short, with the increased rearward pressure on the cable rod it can become a virtual projectile in the event that the cable rod come loose from the bow.

Think about this. What holds most cable rods in a bow? Most often it's a setscrew. In some bows the rod is just epoxied into the riser. What happens if, at full draw, the rod becomes dislodged. Where is it going?

STRAIGHT BACK.
    where is the link?