You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Therma Cell

Default Therma Cell

I have been hearing about this stuff. What is it and how does it work??? Does it really keep the mosquito's away with little or no odor? Where can I get it and how much does it cost? Last year opening day it was around 84 degrees and the skeeters made a time of me.

"HONDA"

Default Awesome product!!!

One of the best investments you can make. I'm not sure if I'd use one hunting even though they say you can. It basically uses a butane cartrige to heat a repellent pad that emits a repellent into the air. It is supposed to create a 225 sq ft zone of protection. They cost anywhere from $20-25 depending on where you go. I use one during 3D's and they do the trick!!

Site Guru

They are supposed to be amazing...

but how portable are they? I mean can you hang it from your quiver? to keep them away or do you have to carry it like a lantern or something?

This sounds like something i need! Does it only keep away skeeters....what about flies, bees, gnats, hoyt shooters.....hoyt cheaters
    I cut things up and split them down!

Hey Chris you got any of these that we could get at a great 3DSHOOTS price???? I think we can all use some of them.

"HONDA"

Did someone say 3dshoots testing staff.........

hmmm......sounds good to me my archery brother. I love testing items for companies.

"HONDA"

Just went to Wal-Mart and got it. The ThermaCell cost me $21.97 and got 3 refills for $5.97each. I think they are going to be GREAT for early bow season.

Anyone else used them I hear that the repellent mats outlast the butane cartridges?????

Any experienced users have any other opinions on them??

Thanks alot fella's

"HONDA"

Default Thermacell

You won't believe it!!

Stupid question, what area of wally world did you find it......

how big is this thing, can i carry it on a 3-d shoot????? this question may have already been asked but tell me again anyway....

I found it in the Sporting Goods next to the OFF and REPEL products. It is very portable and you can also get a holster for it to carry on your belt. In the Cabela's Archery Catalog page 172 has the thermacell for 21.99 refills for 5.99 and the holster for 9.99. One thing guys have been telling me is you will run out of butane cartridge before the repellent pads run out if this happens then go to the curling iron section of walmart and they have a traveling curling iron that takes the same butane cartridges the refill cartridges run about 3.75 for 3. I really hope this works out for everyone it will make early archery so much more enjoyable.

Here is a link to cabela's http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...cell&noImage=0
    Last edited by BowhuntnHoosier; 07-18-2006 at 11:52 PM.

"HONDA"

I went on a spring bear hunt in Saskachewan and the majority of passengers flying out of Saskatoon were bear hunters. A common topic of discussion was how nobody would go into the bush without their themacells. My outfitter thought I was a sucker for the latest gadget until he came to retrieve me one evening after hunting and noticed I was sitting there with no headnet or gloves. I asked if the mosquitos were bad and he said they were incedibly bad.After I left and came home the outfitter told me he went to Prince Albert and purchased 6 units. They are effective and plan 2 pads a day and one butane for 2 days. They are one of the best investments. Bears have the best sense of smell and weren't alarmed at all by its use. I have read similar results using them during deer season.

Thanks alot Cedar and to the forum. Did you get a big bear?????

"HONDA"

we have more gnats then skeeters does it work on them also????

I am not sure but have heard that it works on most any type of flying insects. I am going fishing Monday night and will give it a test then.

"HONDA"

Fishing for what? (species) rod and reel fishing or bowfishing? Why wait till monday, round here we go about every night, have one of the true smallmouth hotspots of the world on my way home from work.....so sometimes the 20 minute drive is like 4 hours.....

I didn't get a big boar but did see 9 different bear. The 3 other hunters connected with average sized sows but I was holding out for a 300+ boar. The week after I got home an archer connected with a battle scarred boar that tipped the scales at 425. They had an early greenup and I speculate this contributed to some strange behavior of the bears. I did video some neat footage and saw a blonde boar that in a few years is going to be a real trophy.