You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Man it is crazy hot out there

What is a person to do? It is 98 degrees and a heat index of 104 here in SW Missouri. I try and tell myself I need to be out scouting and trimming shooting lanes and getting camera set, but that heat thing is killing me. There is nothing better than your clothes sticking to you when you are half way up a tree putting steps on and hanging your stand Oh yeah, what about that pesky little mosquito that will not land anywhere else but next to your ear, and you slap at it only to make your ears ring, come on what is a guy to do. You want to have a good set for your first hunt of the season, but this heat is ridiculous. I guess I could go out about 1:00 in the morning and hope I find my way to where I want to go. Better yet how about full camo body paint and just your skivies and your hunting boots, Eww, bad idea, briar patches and bare legs dont mix very well. Man wouldnt that make for a great seen for the local conservation agent. Walking back to your truck all camo painted head to toe and nothing but underwear and your boots. Excuse me but could I see your license, oops no pockets. Just some funny thoughts for this heat. Have a good one
    Switchback 28"
    Scott Longhorn III
    Scott Mongoose
    Easton Fatboy 400 (344 grains- 260fps@58lbs)
    Specialty Archery Superstix
    NAP Drop way
    Sims Vibration
    Spot Hogg Sights

"A bad day of target shooting is still better than a good day of work".

Smile hot, hot, HOT!!!

Better make sure that camo paint is sweatproof, know what I mean?

Hot here also,

Today was my daughters 1st birthday and we had a little get together, mostly family and close friends. Went to borrow a couple pop up tents from my gun club, they are in an old freezer in our tractor trailer body (storage), at 11 o'clock let me just tell you how hot it was in there. it was like a furnace set on about 400degrees.......as you walked in, it hit you like a ton of bricks, took your breath away......

Plus here in NY we have a problem w/forest tent catipilars and DEC has decided to release this fly that eats them, well guess what not only do they eat the catipilars but they are big enough to carry you away to a more genaral location to eat you.....the only good thing is they are delicate and dumb. If you flick them and its easy (there slow), they die....
    I cut things up and split them down!

You know it, its so hot outside I have even been shooting in shifts. Go out shoot about 15-20 arrows then go back in suck up som A/C and chug about a quart of ice cold water then go back out and shoot 15-20 more. I think I'm going out at about 6:00 in the morning and doing some scouting. I think a light T-shirt and some camo pants should be my best bet. I have been seeing some action from a distance and think I need to investigate a little closer. Then come back home and do some shooting in the nice warm sunlight I really need to build a 30 yard 5 lane air conditioned building.

Hey Adam tell her happy belated-birthday from BowhuntnHoosier(she'll know me I'm the guy with the WB on my XT) I hope everything went well for her. And congrats to you for bearing the heat for her and friends. Above and beyond thats how far daddy goes for the young'ns.
    Last edited by BowhuntnHoosier; 07-16-2006 at 10:18 PM.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

yeah i think it hit 95 here in PA today with about 95% humidity... I shot for about an hour today, maybe 50 arrows tops and I was drenched when I came in

Now that you mention it my boss told me of a very nice deer, looked to be an 8 or 10 point, crossing the road and heading in behind my moms house. He saw it 2 days ago, guess the next time I get a chance I should go hang a stand. Maybe next week. Next week I have off all week from work. Have to get together w/my hunting buddy and set up some stands.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN
    Now that you mention it my boss told me of a very nice deer, looked to be an 8 or 10 point, crossing the road and heading in behind my moms house. He saw it 2 days ago, guess the next time I get a chance I should go hang a stand. Maybe next week. Next week I have off all week from work. Have to get together w/my hunting buddy and set up some stands.
    Just take LOTS of water, and if you have any underarmor throw it on!