You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Underarmor

Default Underarmor

Is it worth the cost, those of you who use it, does it work like they say it does, I mean does it keep you cool/warm in the respective seasons, How about for like riding ATVs and stuff, gets pretty warm out there in the sun and to wear long sleeves, seems pretty silly to me......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN
    Is it worth the cost, those of you who use it, does it work like they say it does, I mean does it keep you cool/warm in the respective seasons, How about for like riding ATVs and stuff, gets pretty warm out there in the sun and to wear long sleeves, seems pretty silly to me......
    It keeps you cooler by whicking away moisture instead of letting you roast yourself in it basically.

sort of the same idea behind wearing full clothing in the desert to keep cooler then wearing shorts I guess?

Hey this sounds like something a big guy like me needs. What kind of price do they go for?? Where can I get a look at them??

"HONDA"

Most any good outdoor sparts store, even team sports stores.

Site Guru

i know Cabelas has them... they have everything now, shirts, long sleeve shirts, boxers, pants, socks... all made out of the same material.

I think shirts and pants are around 25 / piece give or take? They are supposed to be very tight fighting, almost like a second skin, its take a little getting used to, especially if your a bigger guy (like me)

They also make some gloves designed specifically for archers, they are called "release gloves" - VERY cool, I haven't shot with them yet (or bought em) but I tried them on today at Cabelas and I definately liked them a lot... I think they are like 30 bux or so?

Wow this stuff sounds perfect for early bow season. And a therma cell to go along with it. I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

"HONDA"

I beleive they have two varietes, cold gear and heat gear and I think the have loose gear also, damb so many choices, I think you can get them at gander mountain, and as it is ten miles to gander and 300 to cabelas, guess which one I am going to go to, at $3.00 plus a gallon?

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN
    I beleive they have two varietes, cold gear and heat gear and I think the have loose gear also, damb so many choices, I think you can get them at gander mountain, and as it is ten miles to gander and 300 to cabelas, guess which one I am going to go to, at $3.00 plus a gallon?
    - Cold gear is designed as a base layer under your insulated layer. It keeps you dry when out there and keeps you about as warm as a t-shirt would, very tight fitting

Regular - normal usage, keeps you dry and cool, very tight fitting

- Loose gear - does the same as Regular stuff but isn't as tight fitting as normal stuff. wears like a t-shirt

So as some of us are big guys, myself included will we like loose gear better?

Bass Pro Shops sells a cheaper version. Haven't tried either one but plan on the Bass Pro Version. Alot cheaper.

Default Underarmor

I'm in the Army and have been wearing underarmor for about 3 1/2yrs. I speak for about half the soldiers at Fort Hood Tx. We would wear nothing but underarmor. The stuff is outstanding in wickering away moisture and keeping you cool as will as warm. It works in 147 degree heat to -10. I wore it in Iraq and Korea.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    So as some of us are big guys, myself included will we like loose gear better?
    There are different purposes for both I think.

the T-Shirt is if your going to wear it as an outside layer, for example, when exercing (jogging, working outside...)

The regular stuff is intended to be worn as an underlayer w/ something overtop of it. It does take a little while to get used to wearing the stuff but when your used to it you won't even notice you are wearing it except for being cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGHAWK View Post
    I'm in the Army and have been wearing underarmor for about 3 1/2yrs. I speak for about half the soldiers at Fort Hood Tx. We would wear nothing but underarmor. The stuff is outstanding in wickering away moisture and keeping you cool as will as warm. It works in 147 degree heat to -10. I wore it in Iraq and Korea.
    Sounds like Gander is going to get some of my business now. Thats the only place around here I can find the stuff. Thanks alot BIGHAWK for the info. And I'm not sure that I have welcomed you to the forum so and we hope you enjoy it here.

"HONDA"

I wear Underarmor bottoms under my jeans at all of our local 3D shoots since shorts will allow the various thorn bushes to tear your legs up. I think they work great. A couple of weeks ago we had mid-90's heat and I was very comfortable wearing that. I got mine this last Spring at Walmart when they closed out seasonal stuff. The Walmart(s) by me have a ton of outdoor/hunting gear and clothing.
    Ron

i wore underarmor in baseball and it really did keep all the moisture away from ur body ...... only problem is by the end of the games it was drenched

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by killbambidead View Post
    i wore underarmor in baseball and it really did keep all the moisture away from ur body ...... only problem is by the end of the games it was drenched
    If you wear something on the outside that is non-absorbent it will definately retain moisture. The idea is to wear some sort of cotton shirt or other absorbent material. This way the moisture is absorbed away from the body

ok well i dont think i would have wanted a nother shirt as hot as it was