You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Best Broadhead

Default Best Broadhead

im lookin at sum broadheads 4 this huntin season. i shoot a alpine rvx, beman ics hunter arrows, a trophy ridge dropzone rest, and a vital gear angler compromiser sight. im lookin at sum G5 montec broadheads wat do u guys advise ?

Thumbs up Best Broadhead

The german kinetic is the best broadhead I have shot. However, it is on the expensive side unless you sharpen your broadheads. I am biased in favor of fixed blades and broadheads that hit where my target points hit. I have had good luck with Stinger 2 and 4 blades, Montec G-5's and Razor Caps. With a trocar tip, I have had great flight from Gold Tip broadheads.

Site Guru

I love my Muzzy's. they are amazing, very well put together with interlocking blades for extra strength and ease of sharpening. They also come 6 to a package, unlike most others that come 3 / package.

They hit right where my fieldpoints hit and will easily go through anything.

i used NAP thunderheads my 1st year of bow huntin but they didnt fly that great with my bow i shot sum spitfires but the blades bent and broke. muzzy or montec is what ive narrowed it down to thanks a lot

I shot 100 gr Thunderheads for about 8 years, and killed many deer with them. I have tried 75 gr wasp, 125 gr thunderheads, 125 gr muzzy, 100 gr muzzy. Needless to say, 75 gr muzzy are my favorite. They fly right with my pratice tips. I have also shot 100 gr shockwave and 75 gr rocket wolverines (both are mechanical). Both flew great, but I just keep going back to my fixed blades. I guess that I will try the G5 striker this year. My advise would be find some of your friends that shoot different broadheads and try them out. Good luck with whatever you pick. GOD BLESS!!!!

Muzzy 4blade 100's, best head on the market.....and thats a fact......IMO
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly
    I love my Muzzy's. they are amazing, very well put together with interlocking blades for extra strength and ease of sharpening. They also come 6 to a package, unlike most others that come 3 / package.

They hit right where my fieldpoints hit and will easily go through anything.

I agree totally!!!!

"HONDA"

Ive shot thunderhead 85 and 100, some kind of muzy 4 blade, Rocky mountains, and mega 112. all with good success, i now shoot montec b 52s, my advice is tune your equipment to your head, shoot sharp heads, and put the arrow in the animal where it belongs.........

i think 3 blade thunderhead (100 grains)
    keith

Default Muzzy

You can't really go wrong with a Muzzy blade. Great value for the price and like it has been said 6 for $30 or so is a lot better than 3 for the same price like most other blades. I started shooting Thunderheads but didn't like that they can come loose inside of an animal and leave a blade in there for you to find with your hand. Muzzy's lock down tight before you ever put the broadhead on your arrow.

I've shot most all the popular ones on the market and now shot the G5's in 100grn. They do impact the target differently than my field points so i did resight for them, but i think the best broadheads are cut on impact. Any sharp broadhead will work on whitetail though as long as your not trying to get penetration on a ridiculosly long shot! I did like how the spitfires flew but found some that didn't open all three blades on pass threws so i stopped using them.
    BLIND HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    PREDATOR TRAILCAM's - TUFF BLINDS- Double D arrow pullers
    ARTIC ARMOR- The warmest/ lightest suits period- and they float!
    ASAT Blinds and camo clothing Dealer
    2009 MONSTER PHOENIX-i'm not afraid of monsters!

Default Mmuuuuzzzzyy!!!!!!

I love my Muzzy 4 blade 100gr. BAD TO THE BONE!
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Site Guru

While there is no right or wrong anwser I think the popular vote is Muzzy!

I used 4 blade muzzys for along time they fly great and a very strong head.
    I heard a lot of good things about slick tricks, may try them this year.