You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Smile Has anyone shot the Mathews, Outback

I was at the archery shop the other day, mentioned that I had been looking at the Ovation, (I like a long axle to axle), and the dealer broke out a brochure on next years bow-the Swithback, which is longer than the Outback. I told him I had written off the Outback because of it's length, he grabbed the Outback from the rack and said,"let's go!" I shot that bow outside his shop and was totally amazed. I could not tell it had went off. The Swithback is 33" and has harmonic dampeners in the roller cable guard, otherwise I believe it to be the same as the Outback.

Thumbs up

I have an Outback. I love the way it shoots. 30 inch draw , 70 lbs. I also have a Conquest Pro. I like it better for the tournaments. It is 44 inches long verses the Outback at 33. The Conquest is a little more stable, but not as smooth. The Outback is quiet and goes off with very little recoil. I bought it for hunting. I love both bows.

I am curious about the difference between the outback and the swithchback. I don't have the specs in front of me, but I thought the swithback was going to be 3" longer with different cams, basically a combination of the outback and LX. This late in the game I think I will wait to shoot both before making that large of a purchase. Doesn't leave much time to prepare for 3d season though.

See my post on the Switchback.

Thank you Chris, from what I'm hearing the only thing coming close to the switchback is the Bowtech Allegiance.

Sandbagger,

We just got in our Bowtech Allegiance. I will be putting it through the paces this week and will report the results.

Chris