You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Smile Has anyone shot the Mathews, Outback

I was at the archery shop the other day, mentioned that I had been looking at the Ovation, (I like a long axle to axle), and the dealer broke out a brochure on next years bow-the Swithback, which is longer than the Outback. I told him I had written off the Outback because of it's length, he grabbed the Outback from the rack and said,"let's go!" I shot that bow outside his shop and was totally amazed. I could not tell it had went off. The Swithback is 33" and has harmonic dampeners in the roller cable guard, otherwise I believe it to be the same as the Outback.

Thumbs up

I have an Outback. I love the way it shoots. 30 inch draw , 70 lbs. I also have a Conquest Pro. I like it better for the tournaments. It is 44 inches long verses the Outback at 33. The Conquest is a little more stable, but not as smooth. The Outback is quiet and goes off with very little recoil. I bought it for hunting. I love both bows.

I am curious about the difference between the outback and the swithchback. I don't have the specs in front of me, but I thought the swithback was going to be 3" longer with different cams, basically a combination of the outback and LX. This late in the game I think I will wait to shoot both before making that large of a purchase. Doesn't leave much time to prepare for 3d season though.

See my post on the Switchback.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thank you Chris, from what I'm hearing the only thing coming close to the switchback is the Bowtech Allegiance.

Sandbagger,

We just got in our Bowtech Allegiance. I will be putting it through the paces this week and will report the results.

Chris
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies