You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Black Bear Hunting

I'm interested on going on a Black Bear hunt with a Bow in 2009 hopefully. I would like to stay in the U.S if at all possible. I'm currently in GA and it don't need to be the worlds biggest Bear not really in it for a trophy hunt.

Ive never been anywhere in the us. If u decide to go to canada u need to check out burntwood river bear adventures. Lawrence and laurie are the best people u will ever meet and they have lots of big bears.

Default Black Bear

Hey bocomo, how expensive was this place?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornstalk View Post
    Hey bocomo, how expensive was this place?
    It was $1900 in 06 plus license and tags. I made the trip up and back for $3000.

Sophia's dad

I am sorry I don't have any names, but northern MN has bears. I have friends that go. If you want I could get you some names. PM me if interested.

Default Minnesota

Okay I will google and see what I can find I live in Northern Wisconsin but can't find an outfitter. Plus were I go has to be somewhat military friendly if the Army tries to change my leave dates and things of that nature. This way I don't lose thousands if I miss my hunting days hard to plan 1yr in advance sometimes.

Default bear hunting

Quote Originally Posted by deerassassin22 View Post
    I'm interested on going on a Black Bear hunt with a Bow in 2009 hopefully. I would like to stay in the U.S if at all possible. I'm currently in GA and it don't need to be the worlds biggest Bear not really in it for a trophy hunt.
    Have not been bear hunting in the states, but my wife and I have been going to Ontario for over three years now. French River Bear Outfitters has been great. www.frenchriverbear.com

Rick and Trevor start the site selection in the spring, and start bait sites in June. There is no Spring Bear hunting, so it is only fall (aug-Sep).

Cost: $1550, plus license( $180) and export fee ($40). The cost includes cabin, but you furnindsh you own food

Just my thoughts,

I've seen some nice bears come out of ID in a wide range of color phases. I think the outfitters are usually around $2000 for spring bear. A little more if you want them to run hounds. Or, you can DIY (NR tag is apx $200), but you really need someone running a bait station for you before you go out.

Default bear huntin

Used to hunt bear in colorado for many yrs with my dad. The biggest I ever seen was around 340lb by a ladie, helen widmier. It was a nice bear. The story was it was a baited area. helen and husband jim was both huntin the bait at same time. The bear came in just trottin around and tearing up stuff and trailing something. Basically just showing off for a female bear somewhere. This went on for about 15 minutes they said. They watched this show then he went up to helen's tree and just started tearing up branches and rollin around and trying to impress helen. Its was a big bear and then helen shot it, it was a boar bear. Later found out it was helen's time of the month and the bear smelt her and tried to show off for her and apparnetly she wasn't impressed! dead bear. Funny little story for bear hunters if you want to take the wifey on a hunt just don't tell them this story because the wife might be bait??

I'm told the bears in southeast NC can weigh over 500 lbs.

found a place in alberta canada called wild bills outdoor adventures. 3500 includes license and fees 2 bears 6 days of hunting 2 on 1 guides home style meals lodging transportation trophy care and meat prep
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

If you don't want to go far I have herd that FL has a large bear population. Especially In and around everglades national park. I am sure you can't hunt the park but maybe you can find a place outside the park. I hunt north central PA and we have seen many bears, just not wile hunting. I have not had a chance to get one myself yet.
    The largest bear at the way in two years ago was 500 some lbs the smallest was a pathetic 58 lb bear that I could not believe someone actually shot.