You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Start up questions

Hey everyone, how's it going. I recently decided to jump back into the archery scene but I haven't touched a bow in about 10 years and at that time i wasn't exactly very informed so either way I've got a couple of questions.

I got pretty lucky and ran into a good deal on a Hoyt pro elite so i jumped on that, but I don't know what to put on it.

I mostly want to shoot 3d and target tournaments.

The equipment I'm looking at right now is: spot hogg - hogg it 5 pin and a trophy taker pronghorn drop away

I have no idea where to start on the stabalizers , arrows, or a release. Could anyone point me in a good direction so i can check some out.
    I plan on shooting it at around 56-58# and have a 28.5 dl.

Thanks

I use a T.R.U. Ball wrist strap release and I love it. I've been shooting the same style release for years and it's all I'll use. Gold tip arrows are probably a little expensive for shooting targets but they are tough arrows so if you miss you might get away with them not breaking every time. Easton arrows are also pretty tough. I've hit rocks with them and just had to change the insert. As for a stabalizer, you gotta get what feels good to you. You want to hold your bow out with your holding arm and try different ones until it balances well. They also make adjustable ones for finer tuning.
    I don't like you! Wanna go huntin'?

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzap View Post
    Hey everyone, how's it going. I recently decided to jump back into the archery scene but I haven't touched a bow in about 10 years and at that time i wasn't exactly very informed so either way I've got a couple of questions.

I got pretty lucky and ran into a good deal on a Hoyt pro elite so i jumped on that, but I don't know what to put on it.

I mostly want to shoot 3d and target tournaments.

The equipment I'm looking at right now is: spot hogg - hogg it 5 pin and a trophy taker pronghorn drop away

I have no idea where to start on the stabalizers , arrows, or a release. Could anyone point me in a good direction so i can check some out.
    I plan on shooting it at around 56-58# and have a 28.5 dl.

Thanks
    If I were you I would decide which class and style (3d or Target) you want to shoot first. The setups are going to vary upon what you are shooting.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?