You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default couple questions for a newbie!

i have been hunting with my bow for about 10 years and this pas two summers i got hooked, I LOVE shooting my bow. So naturally when hunting season is over i want to start shooting indoors. So i have been looking for a new target set up but talk about overwhelming. There are so many things i can tinker with a target set up.

Lets talk sights and scopes first.
    1. What would be a good moderate priced scope and sight (don't want to spend a ton until i really get hooked bad)?
    2 How long of an extension bar do i need?
    3 How big of housing?
    4 what size lens?
    5 is a light necessary?

Rests.
    1. What do most guys use? I use a drop away now and its great but i did notice a lot of guys will use a lizard tongue. I see the trophy taker spring steel is popular.
    Whats everyone's preference?

3. Stabilizers and v bars
    I think this is really up to me and what feels comfortable when i am shooting. Everybody's different, right?

4. What about clarifiers? What the hell are they and how do they work?

thanks from a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by k'em-n-g'em View Post
    i have been hunting with my bow for about 10 years and this pas two summers i got hooked, I LOVE shooting my bow. So naturally when hunting season is over i want to start shooting indoors. So i have been looking for a new target set up but talk about overwhelming. There are so many things i can tinker with a target set up.

Lets talk sights and scopes first.
    1. What would be a good moderate priced scope and sight (don't want to spend a ton until i really get hooked bad)?
    2 How long of an extension bar do i need?
    3 How big of housing?
    4 what size lens?
    5 is a light necessary?

Rests.
    1. What do most guys use? I use a drop away now and its great but i did notice a lot of guys will use a lizard tongue. I see the trophy taker spring steel is popular.
    Whats everyone's preference?

3. Stabilizers and v bars
    I think this is really up to me and what feels comfortable when i am shooting. Everybody's different, right?

4. What about clarifiers? What the hell are they and how do they work?

thanks from a newbie
    Look at the Sword Titan... Sight is ready to shoot right out of the box with your choice of lense magnification and pin size/color.
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Patriot till Death... monkybrainz's Avatar

i just got used to the micro tune rest's, came with the bow and seems to let it fly with minimal resistance, but i wanna check out them fall aways one day.......so many options now adays
    PSE
    And there came a voice to him," Rise Peter, Kill and eat" acts 1o: 13
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sound

I would start with your hunting set up and shoot bowhunter class. After shooting and talking with others only make one change at a time. If you buy a bunch of stuff chances are you will not like some of it in a short time. I myself onlychange the sight to a single pin, go with larger aluminum arrows and lower the poundage a bit.

Patriot till Death... monkybrainz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brown E View Post
    I would start with your hunting set up and shoot bowhunter class. After shooting and talking with others only make one change at a time. If you buy a bunch of stuff chances are you will not like some of it in a short time. I myself onlychange the sight to a single pin, go with larger aluminum arrows and lower the poundage a bit.
    are you happy with that single pin? any advantages?, i was gonna order a hind sight set up and change the front to a trophy ridge titan, but now i got to wait till tax time but that gives more time to check one out without blowin money on somthin i wont want..
    Last edited by monkybrainz; 01-11-2009 at 01:08 AM.
    PSE
    And there came a voice to him," Rise Peter, Kill and eat" acts 1o: 13
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sound