You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Looking for 3D target shooting in Kansas City Area

All,
    My wife an I have been bow hunting together for some time. We moved to Kansas about a year ago. We live 25 miles Northwest of Kansas city, Kansas (or Mo). We are in Leavenworth Kansas.

We are looking to get into 3D shooting, are there any places near by?

Thanks,

Default Be sure a drop this event

Quote Originally Posted by jdcjac View Post
    All,
    My wife an I have been bow hunting together for some time. We moved to Kansas about a year ago. We live 25 miles Northwest of Kansas city, Kansas (or Mo). We are in Leavenworth Kansas.

Thanks,

You will find lots of archers from your area. Consider indoor archery. I believe it the Independance Bow assc that puts this on. Garantee you will meet lots of folks. This is a bigtime event. I hardly ever miss this event. But this year Im headed to the Archery trade show on the same dates. Dont miss this one if your from the area. So how bigtime indoor archery is shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 12-23-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default You could try Carter's Archery in St. Joseph, MO

All,

Thanks,
    I dont believe it is to far from you, the owner knows his stuff.
    Switchback 28"
    Scott Longhorn III
    Scott Mongoose
    Easton Fatboy 400 (344 grains- 260fps@58lbs)
    Specialty Archery Superstix
    NAP Drop way
    Sims Vibration
    Spot Hogg Sights

"A bad day of target shooting is still better than a good day of work".

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    You will find lots of archers from your area. Consider indoor archery. I believe it the Independance Bow assc that puts this on. Garantee you will meet lots of folks. This is a bigtime event. I hardly ever miss this event. But this year Im headed to the Archery trade show on the same dates. Dont miss this one if your from the area. So how bigtime indoor archery is shot.
    Great Thanks. Also, is this a place, or are there places to go and shoot (practice)? Or do you have to do it in a tournament?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by 12ring4me View Post
    I dont believe it is to far from you, the owner knows his stuff.
    Excellent.

Thanks

Default No

Great Thanks. Also, is this a place, or are there places to go and shoot (practice)? Or do you have to do it in a tournament?

Thanks,

This is the shoot site for the tournament. But you will meet many of the Independance Bowhunters and they can guide to where you can shoot 3d. They will be practicing on Friday evening here for the tournament.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

For a list of St Joe 3D tourneys call Vickie @ Vic's Archery in St Joe. Her number is 816 232 3450. they are very involved with the 3D club. A little closer to Leavenworth is Tri County Rod and Gun Club. I joined there last year and have had a really good experience. We shoot 3d, indoor and have a feild convience league that is a lot of fun and always needs more shooters. I know right after the first of the year we will start an indoor league. I will be joining it late after i get back from Peru. from Leavenworth Tri County is located south on 7 hiway head west on 32 hiway and then follow 32 until you come to stillwell road, the big water tower. it is approximately 15 miles from K7. Tri County is located 1 1/4 mile west of K32 on stillwell.

the other thing to look for is a copy of the Mo Bowhunters newsletter. It will list contacts to nearly every 3D club in Mo.

if you want better directions feel free to contact me

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by McCann View Post
    For a list of St Joe 3D tourneys call Vickie @ Vic's Archery in St Joe. Her number is 816 232 3450. they are very involved with the 3D club. A little closer to Leavenworth is Tri County Rod and Gun Club. I joined there last year and have had a really good experience. We shoot 3d, indoor and have a feild convience league that is a lot of fun and always needs more shooters. I know right after the first of the year we will start an indoor league. I will be joining it late after i get back from Peru. from Leavenworth Tri County is located south on 7 hiway head west on 32 hiway and then follow 32 until you come to stillwell road, the big water tower. it is approximately 15 miles from K7. Tri County is located 1 1/4 mile west of K32 on stillwell.

the other thing to look for is a copy of the Mo Bowhunters newsletter. It will list contacts to nearly every 3D club in Mo.

if you want better directions feel free to contact me

Marc
    Marc,
    Thanks a ton. That is just down the road from us. I will check it out. Unfortunately, I get my left shoulder (anchor arm) operated on, so looks liek I will be out of shooting for some time, but we will still come down becasue my wife would love to shoot.

Thansk,
    and Happy Holidays

Dave

Look forward to seeing you there. IF you are into some of the other shooting sports tri County hosts many different formats from trap to action pistol. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc