You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Guess I really blew this one. Didn't think this through before I posted. Got caught up in the emotion of the show I watched and didn't consider I'd be foddering the fodder. My apologies to those who hunt legally.
    "A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
    2007/2008 Commander: 60lb/28" DL, HHA OL5519, Code Red, Choc Addiction, .400 Axis, Self-made Shoot-Thru
    2010 Elite GT500: 60lb/HHA DS5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, Victory VForce HV 400
    1965 Bear Kodiak Magnum Recurve 50lb, 52", Original Bear Quiver & Cedar Arrows

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Default ???

questions to those of you against baiting. Do you hunt over any natural sources that deer feed on regularly?? Like acorns and grasses. Do you setup on trails to feeding area's? If so you would be taking a marked advantage over just picking any tree for a stand. Isn't that the reason most of you have problems with baiting, because it makes it easier???? I mean if you want to make things harder on yourself dump all the recent gear. Grab your long bow and get to it. Stalking that this.

JMO but hunting is hard enough as it is. I can use all the help I can get.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

im not for it or against it. if ur state says you can do it by all means take advantage of it we all know huntings hard enough .... im not sayin i would i like the satisfaction of catching deer on their natural movements ...... everyones got their own opinion

Big Lew

Default Looney Bin

Yes, I only spot and stalk, but I would hunt from a stand over an animal trail, and I would hunt by a corn field etc. if that's the only area left to me, and if it was legal, yes, then I would hunt over bait under similiar curcumstances as the hunter from Spokane. I was simply answering "Bulls Eye's" thread when I stated that the "african" situation was "shooting", not "hunting", in my opinion. Further, if all other options were taken from me, I would "shoot" an animal in order to get venison.

I wouldnt get to worked up about how others respond to your posts in the Buwhunting section.....

opinions are like buttholes and everyone has one.....

and everyone thinks there way is the right way.....

here is my thought.....

if within the law....then by all means, hunt how you like....

these are the little things in life and take to much of our precious time here, to worry about....

to each there own.....

next time just turn the channel......
    I cut things up and split them down!

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I wouldnt get to worked up about how others respond to your posts in the Buwhunting section.....

opinions are like buttholes and everyone has one.....

and everyone thinks there way is the right way.....

here is my thought.....

if within the law....then by all means, hunt how you like....

these are the little things in life and take to much of our precious time here, to worry about....

to each there own.....

next time just turn the channel......

Bunny,

Its a forum. We came here to discuss things. Your are right about not getting worked up about things. The only problem I have with forums is the inability to determine the inflection or tone of the post. Sometimes I can sometimes I can't. Without inflection people can and will take things the wrong way from time to time.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Bin View Post
    Bunny,

Its a forum. We came here to discuss things. Your are right about not getting worked up about things. The only problem I have with forums is the inability to determine the inflection or tone of the post. Sometimes I can sometimes I can't. Without inflection people can and will take things the wrong way from time to time.
    Looney Toon,

I agree, but WAY too often in BOWHUNTING discussions, people try to force their beliefs and value's off on you......and make you feel that there way is the only way....

go to ANY boards Bowhunting section and read the posts....no one can EVER be happy for another person.....

jelousy in its ugliest form.....making one feel bad for there values
    I cut things up and split them down!

Patriot till Death... monkybrainz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Looney Toon,

I agree, but WAY too often in BOWHUNTING discussions, people try to force their beliefs and value's off on you......and make you feel that there way is the only way....

go to ANY boards Bowhunting section and read the posts....no one can EVER be happy for another person.....

jelousy in its ugliest form.....making one feel bad for there values
    Though its off the subject, I feel theres alot of commerotery here at this forum, and think you all are swell
    PSE
    And there came a voice to him," Rise Peter, Kill and eat" acts 1o: 13
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sound

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Most all hunts in African hunts are high fence.....to each their own i guess.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    If it's legal I could care less how someone else hunts. Hunt in whatever way brings you satisfaction.
    +1 WORD!!!!

If it is within the law, HUNT how you like.
    I like the personal challenge of being out and about. If it were legal to hunt over a feeder here, I might, but then again, I have enjoyed my time in the woods.
    Last edited by two_shoes; 12-26-2008 at 03:51 PM.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls Eye View Post
    I’ve enjoyed hunting over many years as much as anyone. I think hunting is a great sport and everyone is entitled to participate. However, I’m balking at what I saw last night as a “sport”. Last night, and on previous episodes of Versus, “hunters” arrive at an African hunting camp and are immediately placed in a ground blind 20 yards from an open area that is laced with food (some sort of vegetation). The “hunter” and “guide” sit inside and watch as several Kudos appear. They are surrounded by Kudos and other wildlife. Within an hour two Kudos are shot, by two separate “hunters” each taking their turn inside the blind. The Kudos were within 20 yds, broadside, standing still, and eating the bait. A bit later Wildebeests appear and the same thing again; shot at 20 yd. while broadside and eating. It was like shooting at domestic cattle, certainly not hunting in the normal sense. Yet, the “hunters” are euphoric, with high fives all around as though they have made a great hunting accomplishment.

When hunting is always “under the gun” why add fodder to the argument? This was ridiculous! Why would anyone consider this hunting in the first place? I can just imagine the exaggerated stories that will be told about their great adventure in Africa. This will damage the sport!
    And starting a thread like this, that get's people fighting is helping the sport? Threads like this are one reason I don't go to AT anymore. No one can respect someone else's opinion and agree to disagree.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Default Really

Quote Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
    And starting a thread like this, that get's people fighting is helping the sport? Threads like this are one reason I don't go to AT anymore. No one can respect someone else's opinion and agree to disagree.
    Your the only one with a mad sign. Disscusion is going well. No one offended by his comment. We agree to dissagree here. Wheres the fight?
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I don't think there is any clear answer on this. "Hunting" means differant things to differant people and also the reason you are there.You get out of hunting what you put into it. Getting past that I feel it comes down to is it the matching of wits (are you smarter than a fifth grader) vs the satisfaction of the kill. I also use the catch and release theory on various species of fishes.
    Myself, I prefer the hunt portion itself. And as I get older the harvest part of the hunt becomes less important. Over the years I have passed on many a deer and to this day I would rather have a young doe than a big antlered buck. i also don't believe in the "if it's brown it's down" type of hunting neither.
    But that's just me. I neither condemn nor condone what other people do as long as it's legal. There are those that are out there to enjoy the "chase, those that main purpose is to fill the freezer and those that follow deer managemnet and finally those that are strictly for bragging rights and only go after trophy deer. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Ill be putting an eleven year old on a feeder tommorrow to shoot his first deer. Get this he wont care and will have the thrill of his life. Its legal and 100% fair in my state. Now please inform how you hunt so I can bash it to pieces. Try me and see if I cant find plenty that think the way you hunt is terriable.
    DB
    I noticed you did not say HUNT his first deer. Must have been a slip of the tongue.

You posted this on Bowcountry too. What's your motive...cause over there you acted like you didn't realize it would cause such a fuss...yet over here you're pushing you're "beliefs" a bit more?

Nothing good can come from splitting the hunting community.

Sophia's dad

No need for anyone to take this personal, unless you are trying to justify something.

Interesting topic!!!
    Last edited by wildfan99; 12-27-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Default Really

Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    I noticed you did not say HUNT his first deer. Must have been a slip of the tongue.
    I garantee he had a blast and yes it was a hunt. Didnt think I had to say it was a hunt to anyone.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls Eye View Post
    I’ve enjoyed hunting over many years as much as anyone. I think hunting is a great sport and everyone is entitled to participate. However, I’m balking at what I saw last night as a “sport”. Last night, and on previous episodes of Versus, “hunters” arrive at an African hunting camp and are immediately placed in a ground blind 20 yards from an open area that is laced with food (some sort of vegetation). The “hunter” and “guide” sit inside and watch as several Kudos appear. They are surrounded by Kudos and other wildlife. Within an hour two Kudos are shot, by two separate “hunters” each taking their turn inside the blind. The Kudos were within 20 yds, broadside, standing still, and eating the bait. A bit later Wildebeests appear and the same thing again; shot at 20 yd. while broadside and eating. It was like shooting at domestic cattle, certainly not hunting in the normal sense. Yet, the “hunters” are euphoric, with high fives all around as though they have made a great hunting accomplishment.

When hunting is always “under the gun” why add fodder to the argument? This was ridiculous! Why would anyone consider this hunting in the first place? I can just imagine the exaggerated stories that will be told about their great adventure in Africa. This will damage the sport!
    I don't think they will be exagerating too much since it was on an episode of Versus for everyone to see.

Man,

The thing I'm concerned about iis the folks out there that hate hunters, period....

In my opinion we need to hang close and get our numbers higher before the morons in Washington and state governments give us the shaft.

The sad part is that there are a few idiots out there that do stupid stuff in the field (and out of the field) that give us a bad name. We need to weed them out... If we want to keep doing what we love...

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

HMM how bout those JETS, This is one of those deals where we will argue amongst ourselves inside while the PETA treehuggers attack us from the outside and the whole system will colapse on our heads while we argue about it. No group of hunters will ever agree on methods. I know bowhunters who snub rifle hunters, and some snub tree stands and such. We dont know the whole deal, It could have been a canned hunt or animal was in a ten acre fence. Or it could have been timing. I saw a deer shot on the outdoor channel while he had his head poked in the feeder, I didnt agree. Some folks do. I dont think we should sit around and beat each other up over it.
    GO TEAM 12