You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default New to it all...for the most part

I have been out shooting a few times and seemed to have a knack for it. Ive only been able to shoot an older AR bow that is far too small for me with a 26" draw when Im closer to 29" but seem to be somewhat consistant from 45-50yds, which could be all luck but now Im looking to buy my own which actually fits me and see where it takes me. Im looking at either the bowtech swat or diamond marquis...any suggestions or maybe another bow ideas?
    Last edited by GLong8778; 12-27-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Patriot till Death... monkybrainz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLong8778 View Post
    I have been out shooting a few times and seemed to have a knack for it. Ive only been able to shoot an older AR bow that is far too small for me with a 26" draw when Im closer to 29" but seem to be somewhat consistant from 45-50yds, which could be all luck but now Im looking to buy my own which actually fits me and see where it takes me. Im looking at either the bowtech swat or diamond marquis...any suggestions or maybe another bow ideas?
    people will tell you alot, theres alot of nice bows out there and they all do the job, ( the shooter is the biggist factor ) so if you give out a price, the guys here can set you on the best path for the money. and give you great tips and advice...good luck
    PSE
    And there came a voice to him," Rise Peter, Kill and eat" acts 1o: 13
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sound

i was looking at a few ready to hunt packages at a couple of web sights as well as pricing bare bows as well. Price really isnt that big of deal as long as its a bow that will last a while since I dont plan on switching year after year. would like to stay within the 600-800 range as far as price goes. Any advantages between certain ATA lengths?

I've got a Marquis and it's a sweet bow. I havent shot the SWAT yet, but I've heard it's very smooth on the draw.

would it be a smart move to buy new for the fact that there would be a warranty on the bow or would it be a better decision to just go and get a used bow?

i dont know which i should do because on one hand there is the warranty and a higher price tag and on the other no warranty and a lower price tag...im at a loss

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I recommend hitting all the shops in our area and trying as many as you can. It's mostly personal preference. I'd suggest new for the first time around so a shop can get you set up properly - then start learning for yourself.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus