You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Trophy taker spring for hunting

I was talking the day to a designer,manufacturer and hunter of his own line of bows and was talking about his opinion on rests. I really want to attain the best accuracy I can so any mistake is due to a flaw in my form not an equipement failure. I just got a T.T. spring steel rest and if I can get excellent arrow flight shooting 3-d why couldn't a person use the same rest for hunting. I hear all this retoric about arrow containment and so forth but at the moment of truth you had better have control of you shot sequence or failure will be yours. On my hunting recurve I have a Golden key springy and I don't have problems with arrows coming off the rest so why would a compound be any different. I have a T.T. pronghorn and while I did achieve pretty good arrow flight I would like to eliminate even more variables. I am hoping once I get things all set up and tuned I am able to silence the arrow sliding across the prong launcher and any ideas would be appreciated.By the way I intend on using Blazers(2") for both 3-d and hunting.What are your thoughts? Paul

I have a TT drop away and to silence the arrow coming across at the end of the draw I took a piece fo mole skin felt and put it in the launcher where the arrow was going to be hitting and now it is quiet. I think the blazers will do you good for both, I used to use blazers for 3D before I had a separate setup for it, and they worked fine.

Ray

P.S. welcome to the Forums
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

While the springs steel is an excellent 3d or indoor setup, it will make noise when drawing. This would be the problem with hunting with it. If you have to make a quick adjustment in position to get a shot, the arrow will fall off the rest.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies