You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default January 2009: Win Vortex Binocular Contest

Vortex has generously offered to promote a January 2009 contest and wait to you see the great Vortex prizes in this contest.

RULES:
    There are multiple ways for you to enter this contest and make it easy on you.
    This is a really easy to enter contest just create a post like one of the ones below or all of them.
    Post a picture of yourself or someone using Vortex products.
    Post a personal experience with Vortex products or the Vortex company
    Post something you heard about Vortex Customer service
    Post what you would like to see Vortex offer in the future.

You can post as many times as you like but your posts cannot violate site or contest rules. If you post multiple times, your posts must be unique, no duplicates posts. For example don't create 50 posts that say they need a 20x50 binocular.

Note for first time posters and new members
    Don't be surprised if you don't see your post right away. New member's posts with pictures will probably get flagged as possible spam and will not be viewable until they get approved by a moderator. They are posted, just be patient for a moderator to approve them. Once you have 6 posts, the moderation will no longer happen to you. It's an anti-spam filter. It's annoying but necessary.

The Vortex Prizes
    Your choice of Vortex Fury Binocular
    Lens Pen
    Vortex Hat
    Binoc-Loc
    Harness Strap
    Vortex T-shirt

How the Winner is chosen
    The winner will be choosen by a random number generator. The person who's post number matches the random number wins. Pretty simple. The contest will end January 31st at 11:59pm CST.

If you have questions on the contest, please PM me. Don't post the questions in this thread.

We would like to thank Tim and everyone at Vortex for offering up such a great contest. Our sponsors help keep this site going so please support them and remember them when you are purchasing your hunting related products.
    Last edited by Chris; 01-04-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Sweet!

I've heard nothing but good things about the Vortex customer service!
    Mathews Staff Shooter Northern Dutchess Archery & Sportsman Supply - www.ndarchery.com

TruBall & Axcel & Dead Center Archery Shooter Staff

Back in 07 I went on a Caribou hunt in Northern Quebec, I actually sold my Swarovski Els to help finance my trip. I picked up a set of Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42 because I heard good things about them on AT and I figured they would get me by until I could save up for another set of Swarovski. When my binoculars arrived I thought wow these look pretty nice for $200 glass(keep in mind I had been using $2000 glass for the last 5 years). I then took them outside and startd glassing the hillsides around my house, I could not believe how well they performed.

Well off to northern Quebec, I arrived in camp and experienced weather that was everything from 60 and sunny to 19 and blowing snow. I used those diamonbacks for the 5 day hunt and glassed for hours at a time. I was totally satisified and never once wished that I had my Swarovskis.

I returned from Canada and posted on Archery talk about my experience with Vortex, I was contacted by Tim Austin (vortex optics) he told me that he loved my review and the pictures. Tim asked if Vortex could use my photos in their 08 catalog,,,of course I said heck yeah!!

I emailed Tim the pictures and about a week later I received a very nice package from Vortex full of very nice gear. I was then contacted by Vortex and offered a position on their Field Staff, of course I said yes.

In January 08 Tim contacted me again and asked if I would like to attend the ATA show in Indy( this is a non public show and tickets are hard to get) again I jumped at the chance, I got to meet Tim at the show and was introduced to some of the other fine folks at Vortex.

Words can not express how proud I am to be a member of their team. Vortex is a top notch company, ran by top notch individuals!

Their products are top shelf and their warranty is second to none. If there is a problem it will be taken care of.

Rodney Rudd
    Vortex National Field Staff
    Northern Indiana

Ps this is not an entry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rodney482; 12-31-2008 at 06:51 PM.

I received a pm from a member on another forum about a problem he had with his Sidewinders. A screw broke inside one of the eyecups. Since it was the middle of hunting season he didn't want to send his binos in for warranty work and be without them. He was just contacting me to let me know of the problem as well as ask if I' ever heard of such a problem before.

I contacted Tim to make him aware of the problem. Tim contacted the member to get the issue straightened out. Rather than have the guy send in his binos for work in the middle of the season Tim sent him a BRAND NEW pair of Sidewinders, no questions asked, as well as a return shipping label for the damaged Sidewinders!

From that moment on I've been an ardent supporter of Vortex Optics.

Some pics of Vortex in action.

January 2009: Win Vortex Binocular Contest - General Archery Forum

Wow, what a way to kick off the new year.

I have been wanting a pair of these for a while and hope to have some by summer. All I know is what I have heard word of mouth. The customer service is second to none for the LIFE of the product. It doesn't matter who owns it!!! It doesn't get any better than that. I do not know of anyone who has had to send theirs in but it is nice to know.

I have looked at numerous binocs this last year and the price and quality cannot be beat. I have buddies with Leicas, Leupolds, Swaros, and Vortex and they all appear to be great products and the view is awesome. Vortex just has THE best price.

Just got back from Iraq to my Vortex binos I ordered while I was over there.....
    TOP NOTCH, I am very impressed with them so far and plan to buy a spotting scope later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    Back in 07 I went on a Caribou hunt in Northern Quebec, I actually sold my Swarovski Els to help finance my trip. I picked up a set of Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42 because I heard good things about them on AT and I figured they would get me by until I could save up for another set of Swarovski. When my binoculars arrived I thought wow these look pretty nice for $200 glass(keep in mind I had been using $2000 glass for the last 5 years). I then took them outside and startd glassing the hillsides around my house, I could not believe how well they performed.

Well off to northern Quebec, I arrived in camp and experienced weather that was everything from 60 and sunny to 19 and blowing snow. I used those diamonbacks for the 5 day hunt and glassed for hours at a time. I was totally satisified and never once wished that I had my Swarovskis.

I returned from Canada and posted on Archery talk about my experience with Vortex, I was contacted by Tim Austin (vortex optics) he told me that he loved my review and the pictures. Tim asked if Vortex could use my photos in their 08 catalog,,,of course I said heck yeah!!

I emailed Tim the pictures and about a week later I received a very nice package from Vortex full of very nice gear. I was then contacted by Vortex and offered a position on their Field Staff, of course I said yes.

In January 08 Tim contacted me again and asked if I would like to attend the ATA show in Indy( this is a non public show and tickets are hard to get) again I jumped at the chance, I got to meet Tim at the show and was introduced to some of the other fine folks at Vortex.

Words can not express how proud I am to be a member of their team. Vortex is a top notch company, ran by top notch individuals!

Their products are top shelf and their warranty is second to none. If there is a problem it will be taken care of.

Rodney Rudd
    Vortex National Field Staff
    Northern Indiana

Ps this is not an entry

Rodney,
    You are my hero~!! My dad used to have a saying..... That guy could fall into a pile of **** and come out smelling like a rose. Not only this post but your year of hunting accomplishments has been awesome as well. congratulations to you and may you continue to be succsesful doing the thing you obviously love to do!!
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

Quote Originally Posted by poorman View Post
    Rodney,
    You are my hero~!! My dad used to have a saying..... That guy could fall into a pile of **** and come out smelling like a rose. Not only this post but your year of hunting accomplishments has been awesome as well. congratulations to you and may you continue to be succsesful doing the thing you obviously love to do!!
    Thank you for your kind words

It is so easy to represent Vortex,,,dont have to say a word, just hand guys/gals the binocualrs and they speak for themselves....

Vortex pledges this Very Important Promise to you, a Very Important Person, and that's why we call it the VIP warranty. In the event that your Vortex product requires service, no matter the cause, Vortex Optics will repair or replace the product at no charge to you.

I dont think you can beat that for customer service!!

Vortex are becoming well known here in Australia, A friend of mine brought a Vortex spotting scope (that he was sponsored with) over, to compare with my Leica Spotting scope, we sat them side by side on tripods. we were both amazed how close they were in clarity.

I Hunt and shoot with a friend that has 3 pair, They are the clearest glass that i have saw in a long time. They will be my next glass for sure!! For the price they can not be beat hands down. He stated that with his first pair there were some issues, But not a problem . the service that he had was second to none he was extremely pleased with everything. Just waiting for my birthday to get my pair.

Default Crossbow Scope

I was impressed by the product line on Vortex on their website. I would like to see a quality Crossbow multi-reticle scope in a 2 or 3 power.

TheRev

My father bought a pair, which he dropped and broke. The service center was great, all he paid was the shipping. I bought him the bino straps for X-mas.

Default vortex

My brother and I used his new Vortex skyline scope on a mule deer hunt in September and absolutely LOVED it. He could have easily afforded to purchase whatever glass he wanted but the Vortex reputation for customer service and their VIP warranty are what convinced him to go with Vortex.

I have some friends that say they are awesome Binos...I'd like to find out for myself.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

Default vortex

I'd like to see vortex come up with some quality lens covers for thier scopes. I have a diamondback scope and love it but I'm not fond of the covers that came with it.

I wouldnt mind trying one of these either..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Great idea

i love my 10x42 and could really use a pair of 10x50 for those hunts out in the badlands. thanks for such a great contest.

Very cool, glad to see Vortex posting up such a great contest!! I have not had personal experience with Vortex but I've hear tons of good things about the products!! '94

Ive been looking at a new high quality pair of optics and Vortex are at the top of my list. My good freand bought a spotting scope this summer and we are very impressed with the overall qaulity and performance of the product.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER