You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whisker Biscuit

Default Whisker Biscuit

What are your opinions on a whisker biscuit? good rest or not?

Very good rest.

"HONDA"

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

You're going to get answers both ways. I think they're great for a hunting rig; for a target setup I would go a different direction.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

I shot the heck out of a WB for a long time...Great rest.

a little fetching resistance, but a great rest.
    wouldn't suggest it to use with feathers though!
    i love them!1

Well built rest. Lots of shooters love it. Too noisy for me. On a still, 10 degree morning I can hear a snowflake hit my boot. If I can hear the arrow drawn across the rest, a deer can hear it. I shoot a Limbdriver with moleskin on the launcher and the rizer shelf. Absolutley silent on the draw. I've never had an arrow fall off my launcher at crunch time and that's the only advantage I see with a WB; full containment. If you choose to use one save yourself some tuning problems by squaring the mount with the string so the fletchings all strike the fibers at the same time. Hope you have fun, I do.

I have a WB on my bow and I have hunted with it and I simply love it. Its so nice have that security knowing that your arrow is where it should be. With that said I was at cabelas the other day and they recommended not using the WB because it tears up fletchings, but I have been shooting for 4 months straight now and I havent seen much wear and tear on the fletchings. I guess its to each, their own.

I was at cabelas the other day and they recommended not using the WB because it tears up fletchings
    Not if you use Blazers - they have been impervious to my WB.
    FBSA emertus

i shoot a qad ultra rest but im planning to get my wife the WB cheap and eazy.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Every once in a while you find someone who actually knows what they are talking about, but I usually don't put too much stock in anything I hear spewing from the mouths of sales drones at box stores...

I have found a W.B. if fine, until it starts to raining, the bristles get wet, then it drops a few and everything freezes... then it becomes pretty useless.

For teaching little kids, it is absolutely priceless!
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

I have found a W.B. if fine, until it starts to raining, the bristles get wet, then it drops a few and everything freezes... then it becomes pretty useless.
    I'm thinking an iced up fallaway can be real great either. Or any other moving part.
    FBSA emertus

My husband shoots a Mathews Drenaline and the WB did NOT work for him. I used it on my Mathews and absolutely loved it. We both use drop aways now.

Try it. If you don't like it, it's not a huge investment.

<- What is this symbol? KY Clint's Avatar

On the Hunters Friend website, under "Technical Articles" there is a good write up on the WB vs the Hostage. Worth the time to read. All the Tech articles are very good on the site.
    Clint in far west Kentucky

A WB is good for what it is.

Pros:
    Complete containment of the arrow
    Cheap
    Relatively easy to tune
    Easy to use

Cons:
    Drag on arrow limits accuracy and arrow speed
    can't use all fletching types or setups (no feathers, quikspins, or helical setups)
    noise

Other Considerations:
    Wear on both fletchings and WB itself

In the end it is a personal choice. Most of us started out shooting on a WB and have since moved on, but it is definately a great place to start.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document

Off the shelf

The WB is a great rest. It's like one of those ideas that we all wish had come to us first. On a compound bow used for hunting there is no better rest IMHO.

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I'll go out on a limb here and say that I think the WB is one of the best hunting rests ever invented, especially for a new bow hunter. They are super easy to set up, hold your arrow where it needs to be, and almost never fail, and contrary to what was stated earlier I have never had a problem with noise from this rest. You do have to take some precautions if your hunting in the rain (although I personally never had this problem) by coating the bristles with water repellant, and you will loose about 2 feet per second, but in most hunting situations who cares if your bow is tuned and pins are set right.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

I love my WB on my release bow but shoot a Bodoodle on my fingers rig. When shooting a release, I wouldn't use any other kind of rest.

Angry Bisker Whiscuit

One of the Indoor league shooters at our club had been shooting in the 480/490 range with a flyer on almost every round. (anywhere from a 6 to a 2 maybe right and maybe left) Two weeks ago he took the whisker biscuit off and put a dropaway rest on. Last week he shot a 536 and this week he shot a 542.
    He is shooting his hunting equipment, single pin sight, LARGE peep and no stabelizer.
    Quite a change in score for only a rest change.
    Appears to me that a whisker biscuit is not a very accurate rest even for hunting.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    I disagree 100%. A blazer is the worst vane you can shoot through a biscuit. I have seen so many bows that wont tune do to fletching contact on the bottom inside of the biscuit. They are too high profile. Yes they will last forever but tunability will be hindered. Biscuits are awesome hunting rests and very accurate. People who say they are not are probably shooting blazers through them. If you are ,look at the bottom right hand side of the biscuit and look for the skid marks it will show

They work for me.
    FBSA emertus