You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default off topic but VERY important

yo people check this out.... saw this link on another web sight and what i read made me sick. get ready to pay a heck of alot of money for ammo or be prepared to make your own. I have already called my congress men and senators to see were they stand, i suggest every one follows suit.
    http://www.ammunitionaccountability....slation.htm#AZ
    Hoyt Katera XL, Trophy Taker rest, Copper John A.N.T.S. extreme scope, tru release, GT x cutters 350gn 290 fps,

ohh ya scroll up to see if your state is on the list
    Hoyt Katera XL, Trophy Taker rest, Copper John A.N.T.S. extreme scope, tru release, GT x cutters 350gn 290 fps,

oklahomas not on it yet. good thing i stock piled
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

ya im going to start buying lead in bulk and making my own bullets i dont really care if there not jacketed...

[QUOTE=busty1er;218309]yo people check this out.... saw this link on another web sight and what i read made me sick. get ready to pay a heck of alot of money for ammo or be prepared to make your own. I have already called my congress men and senators to see were they stand, i suggest every one follows suit.

Wonder how this is going to affect us that reload?
    Are we going to be listed as "manufactors" and have to pay taxes also.

I imagine all future supplies will be coded. Which will increase our reloading costs also

All I can say si WOW!
    1984 is right around the corner, a few years late, but it's coming.

I can see it now, target shooters arrested at an event for "illegal" ammo. What about buying ammo in another state - does that make you a ctiminal now? I like how they lable rifle ammo as "assault ammunition" so it will sound more deadly.

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Just wait till this trickles down to other "shooting sports" such as Archery!
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

This one is sure making the rounds - don't know if it has been on here before or not. Most states have already buried it. It's being pushed by a manufacturer - imagine that.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

never mind the fact of the cost......

does anyone else think this is the most OBSURD, crap you have ever heard???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post

yep, gonna drive the cost of ammo way up and the criminals wont buy it anyway, they'll steal it and the poor sap they stole it from will get arrested.....

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post

That is what I was thinking...all residents will dispose of non-coded ammo by 2011. LMAO...okey dokey! I am sure the criminals will follow that rule. People are dumb...
    Hook 'Em Horns

Patriot till Death... monkybrainz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by busty1er View Post
    yo people check this out.... saw this link on another web sight and what i read made me sick. get ready to pay a heck of alot of money for ammo or be prepared to make your own. I have already called my congress men and senators to see were they stand, i suggest every one follows suit.
    I've mentioned this in a few replies to post's about gun's and/or 2nd amendment rights. this is the only legal form of gun control the government can make, soon reloading will be illigal. How do we handle this? do we really need more laws to make it easyer for us to become victems? If nessisary i could kill with my car keys, office pencil, soda bottle, just about anything with an edge or solid blunt surface..so why pick on guns? its the guns in the hands of criminals that do all the violent acts, so why not target gang members as terroist and lock'em up as terrorist. Drug dealers, should be considerd as murders, for the lifes destroyed by use and profit, didnt the government learn from "demolition man" that encoded rounds can be misleading? what happens if i miss 1 round and a criminal grabs the brass, reloads it, commits a crime? i loose everything along with my freedom
    ! all i can say is what Thomas Jefferson said so perfectly "A little rebellion now and then... is a medician nessisary for a healthy government"

and mrs. brady wants to ban quivers mounted on our hunting bows soon!

How wil this country sleep at night knowing we are forsaking what was given to us by the blood of our forfathers? are we too scared to make such sacrafices? they had familys, jobs, and whatever but put them aside to give us " God given rights" that are being taken away by the same kind of tyrants that they fought, WHAT SHALL WE DO?
    Last edited by monkybrainz; 01-05-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    PSE
    And there came a voice to him," Rise Peter, Kill and eat" acts 1o: 13
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sound

Default Im with ya what ever the cost

With out hesitation i would stand. next they will be wanting us to shoot soft plastic arrows.

they can only take the rights of the willing.... for me government enforcement will never scare me and forcing me to behave by stupid rules will never happen. that being said Obama is not my president!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by busty1er View Post
    With out hesitation i would stand. next they will be wanting us to shoot soft plastic arrows.

they can only take the rights of the willing.... for me government enforcement will never scare me and forcing me to behave by stupid rules will never happen. that being said Obama is not my president!!!!!!!
    not mine either
    i also e-mailed my congressman and asked what compensation to the people who turn in thier ammo would be? it doesnt state an equal ammont of encoded ammo in return, so i ask what will happen, after paying hard earned money for the ammo, plus tax and also the tax on the wages earned to make said purchase. wonder if he'll respond..now adays i see why Thomas Jefferson said" the reason for the people to keep and bear arms is , at last resort to protect themselves from the tyranny of government"
    Last edited by monkybrainz; 01-06-2009 at 10:45 AM.
    PSE

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by monkybrainz View Post
    not mine either
    i also e-mailed my congressman and asked what compensation to the people who turn in thier ammo would be? it doesnt state an equal ammont of encoded ammo in return, so i ask what will happen, after paying hard earned money for the ammo, plus tax and also the tax on the wages earned to make said purchase. wonder if he'll respond..now adays i see why Thomas Jefferson said" the reason for the people to keep and bear arms is , at last resort to protect themselves from the tyranny of government"
    i hear ya on that one, and the outlook looks foggy for gun owners at best....
    i was talking to my father in law (he is the one that tough me to reload) about the new supposed law and he said with a calm look on his face " we make our own jacketed and all" i guess you can buy all the equipment to make jacketed bullet also. that is what my tax returns will be going for... ill put it to good use.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    That is what I was thinking...all residents will dispose of non-coded ammo by 2011. LMAO...okey dokey! I am sure the criminals will follow that rule. People are dumb...
    got any y'all want ta git rid of i will stock plie it for ya
    if anything breaks out it ain't gonna matter what 's on it.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

i just went and bought more ammo!
    PSE

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by monkybrainz View Post
    i just went and bought more ammo!
    yep 500 rounds more on tha way got 1000 to reload.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    yep 500 rounds more on tha way got 1000 to reload.
    whats yer fav cal.? or cal. of choice?
    PSE