You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default BEWARE BEAR CRooK ARCHERY

Not here to bash. Just want to warn anyone who is considering shooting at Bear Creek Archery Club in Wise Va. that they have failed to provide a trophy to the Cub Class circuit Champion for the 2008 season. After many failed I'll attempts to get my daughters trophy they sent an e-mail that said "sorry, I hate that for you". . . All this after my daughter spent the entire Summer practicing, traveling & me spending over 500.00 in fuel. It's a sad day when an archery club takes advantage of a 10yr old! If anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me.

So they are not going to get one for her? That's really sad.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

PM sent......
    I cut things up and split them down!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

This is an important trophy for sure
    I have known these fellars for many years now and this just does not seem thier nature
    i will be contacting them and seeing what can be done
    I really don't think this club or it's members are a bunch of crooks though

i am sure this can be taken care of

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default Smokes

Hey
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying everyone in the club is a crook. However, I was promised (on the phone) that the trophies (they also owed her for a reg. shoot win) would be shipped out immediately & she would have them "in 4-5 days" by a club "officer" .(at least it was the person who handles the trophies) Now that was the 3rd week of September. Since then I've alerted other officers by leaving messages on their voice mails, I've e-mailed members & now it's been over 3months. Not one of those officers has taken the time to even pick-up their phone & call me with an explanation How am I supposed to look at this situation? At this point my daughter has no use what-so-ever for Bear Creek & is not very enthused about 3-D archery all together. As an adult, I could care less about a plastic trophy. But in her eyes it's a big accomplishment & something she was very proud of. I will not post names on a forum, but will be happy to give a list of contacts that I've made over the last 3 months in a pm. Sorry to vent like this, but heck: it just ain't right!

Quote Originally Posted by TNELK View Post
    Hey
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying everyone in the club is a crook. However, I was promised (on the phone) that the trophies (they also owed her for a reg. shoot win) would be shipped out immediately & she would have them "in 4-5 days" by a club "officer" .(at least it was the person who handles the trophies) Now that was the 3rd week of September. Since then I've alerted other officers by leaving messages on their voice mails, I've e-mailed members & now it's been over 3months. Not one of those officers has taken the time to even pick-up their phone & call me with an explanation How am I supposed to look at this situation? At this point my daughter has no use what-so-ever for Bear Creek & is not very enthused about 3-D archery all together. As an adult, I could care less about a plastic trophy. But in her eyes it's a big accomplishment & something she was very proud of. I will not post names on a forum, but will be happy to give a list of contacts that I've made over the last 3 months in a pm. Sorry to vent like this, but heck: it just ain't right!

Hey I just got off the phone with the clubs Prresidents wife as he is asleep working the night shift
    I have know and shot with Robert for approx 15 yrs now
    You ani't gonna meet a finer fellar or shot.
    They have a very nice range to boot
    I give it a 3 star
    Thier adminstrative system is as each officer has specific duties
    the past one who was responsible for the trophioes is not a treasuery after last nights election
    she had the trophies in her car for the past month and some other decriphencies were also found out. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    The trophy's are now in the clubs possession and I am gonna pm you her # so she can get the trophy out as soon as possiblle and there will also be
    2 years free shoots at Bear Creek Archery Club
    for this little Miss.
    I am sure the club will offer a personal apology as these are very quality folks up there.
    So sorry for this upsetting deal and please don't give up on these wonderful folks.
    Smkes
    Last edited by Holy Smokes; 01-06-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Hey I just got off the phone with the clubs Prresidents wife as he is asleep working the night shift
    I have know and shot with Robert for approx 15 yrs now
    You ani't gonna meet a finer fellar or shot.
    They have a very nice range to boot
    I give it a 3 star
    Thier adminstrative system is as each officer has specific duties
    the past one who was responsible for the trophioes is not a treasuery after last nights election
    she had the trophies in her car for the past month and some other decriphencies were also found out. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    The trophy's are now in the clubs possession and I am gonna pm you her # so she can get the trophy out as soon as possiblle and there will also be
    2 years free shoots at Bear Creek Archery Club
    for this little Miss.
    I am sure the club will offer a personal apology as these are very quality folks up there.
    So sorry for this upsetting deal and please don't give up on these wonderful folks.
    Smkes
    Sounds like a good fair solution.

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

well sounds like there will be a happy ending...

Default Bear Creek Archery Prez. CLEARS IT UP

OK
    This story does have a happy ending. Many thanks to Smokes, who was able to get to the bottom of this mess quick. He hooked me up with the president of Bear Creek Archery Club. I spoke with him last night on the phone. He's a class act guy for sure. He did sincerely apologize, with the explananation that he was told that the trophies had been sent out. It's sad that one bad apple can cause such a mess. I was assured that the "problem" had been taken care of, if you know what I mean! He did make up for the situation & all is well. As a side note: I do want to apolgize to any member of Bear Creek Archery that I may have offended by my post title. I did not intend to insinuate that all the members were crooks. I was simply very frustrated that the officer I was dealing with was lying to me & obviously never meant to ship anything out. Also a very special "THANK YOU" to all you folks who PM'd me offering to send my daughter one of your own trophies with a new nameplate. That says a lot for the majority of the people in our sport. And thanks Bear Creek for taking care of the situation as you did . TNELK

Pls keep us posted on this issue.

Jerry Whittington

i've been to bear creek several times for 3-D... those folks are real nice...Im certain robert will make it right......

Quote Originally Posted by TNELK View Post
    Not here to bash. Just want to warn anyone who is considering shooting at Bear Creek Archery Club in Wise Va. that they have failed to provide a trophy to the Cub Class circuit Champion for the 2008 season. ....

total atrocity!

Sorry to hear about your problems.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.