You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Hello from the Hollow

Hello Im new to this forum and have been shooting my bow for about 1 month now. I have shot small straight and recurve bows but dont have much experience with a compound. Im a Ranger on a 1200 acre Boy Scout camp here in Kentucky and have plenty of room to practice. The Christian Bowhunters of Kentucky hold 3-d shoots on the camp from Feb. thru Oct. and Im looking foward to loosing arrows this season (I hope not). I picked up a older PSE USA Spirit bow and have been practicing but need to set up my bow correctly. I will be taking it to the local shop (The Hunters Den) for their assistance. Ive already learned many things from this site and look foward to learning more. I got the fever when a friend visited and brought his bow up. Ive found several different types of arrows from the 3-d shoots last season and like the Easton Lightspeed arrows the best. I purchased some cheap Easton Fall Stalker aluminum arrows for now and will upgrade when I get better.

Take care,

Taslagi Ranger

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

You'll loose some arrows , but you'll have a blast. Good luck.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by Tsalagi Ranger View Post
    Hello Im new to this forum and have been shooting my bow for about 1 month now. I have shot small straight and recurve bows but dont have much experience with a compound. Im a Ranger on a 1200 acre Boy Scout camp here in Kentucky and have plenty of room to practice. The Christian Bowhunters of Kentucky hold 3-d shoots on the camp from Feb. thru Oct. and Im looking foward to loosing arrows this season (I hope not). I picked up a older PSE USA Spirit bow and have been practicing but need to set up my bow correctly. I will be taking it to the local shop (The Hunters Den) for their assistance. Ive already learned many things from this site and look foward to learning more. I got the fever when a friend visited and brought his bow up. Ive found several different types of arrows from the 3-d shoots last season and like the Easton Lightspeed arrows the best. I purchased some cheap Easton Fall Stalker aluminum arrows for now and will upgrade when I get better.

Take care,

Taslagi Ranger
    That's awesome.....

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Try to get some lessons from some of the guys from the range.
    such as back tension and release aid form and bow hand form
    and
    Last edited by Holy Smokes; 01-18-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps