You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Junior Member dawntoduskupatree's Avatar

Default Whisker Biscuit vs Hostage Rest

Interested on hearing the pros and cons of both rests. Currently using a whisker biscuit but......
    09 Hoyt Alphamax 65 lbs 29 dl Scott Mongoose
    Easton Axis w/ Blazers & Rage 2 Blade
    08 Reflex Growler 62 lbs 29 dl
    Old Golden Eagle Formula 3D 70 lbs w/od
    Razorback 5's

Default hostage stuff

i shot the hostage and liked it for hunting. But the problem was the brushes wear out to fast. I was told they have a new brush to solve this problem. So for basic hunting I would take the whisker biskit over the hostage because the brushes don't wear out. If the hostage fixes the problem definetaly go hostage. I shot hostage and hostage pro like what they are trying to do but always adjusting my sites as it wears. i shoot a lot.

I've used both. I preferred the hostage b/c it was quieter on the draw, easier on the vanes, and didn't freeze up like the WB could when moisture got into the bristles in cold temps. I switched to a drop away after the brushes on the hostage started to wear, but haven't tried the new style brushes.

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

We've used both, and they have advatages and dis-advantages.... On a recent hunt where the weather turned to freezing-rain. The Wisker biscuit was completely useless once it "froze up", as was a RipCord. The Octane was the only rest that remained "shootable" in freezing rain. Those data points should be kept in mind if you plan on hunting in foul weather.

All thngs considered I have replaced all of our Wisker Bicuits and Hostage Pro's with RipCords, and all my shooters love them, and say they would never go back.
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post

All thngs considered I have replaced all of our Wisker Bicuits and Hostage Pro's with RipCords, and all my shooters love them, and say they would never go back.
    I'm doing just the opposite... went from WB, to hostage, to QAD and now I'm going to go back to WB for next season so my arrow isn't clanging around the rest when I'm on the ground. I get better groupings w/ the QAD, but I made a lot of noise in the woods this season.