You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question how much would you pay for a guided hunt?

my wife and i have been looking at guided whitetail hunts in our state. how much would you pay? private property 5 day stay. 1 buck and 1 doe. retrieval and field dressing. lodging, meals and transportation included.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

depends on the quailty of the hunt.

How many acres
    how many hunters would be there the same time I am
    history of bucks that have been harvested where I will be hunting
    Food plots
    what kind of management has the ground had over the last 5 years
    In terms of PY what kind of deer could expect to see
    Trail cam pics

Rodney

I'd also want to know about stand locations and hunting times...maps maps and more maps!
    Mathews Staff Shooter Northern Dutchess Archery & Sportsman Supply - www.ndarchery.com

TruBall & Axcel & Dead Center Archery Shooter Staff

Sorry...

if everything was A OK I'd be figuring 2-3K..
    Mathews Staff Shooter Northern Dutchess Archery & Sportsman Supply - www.ndarchery.com

TruBall & Axcel & Dead Center Archery Shooter Staff

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

$0; I can see paying for a hunt for something out state that you can't hunt at home - let's face it scouting for something like that yourself is just not practical. For something I can scout and hunt locally - not interested. Not saying you shouldn't do it - just saying how much I would be willing to pay. If I'm going to drop 2-3K, it won't be for a whitetail.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    $0; I can see paying for a hunt for something out state that you can't hunt at home - let's face it scouting for something like that yourself is just not practical. For something I can scout and hunt locally - not interested. Not saying you shouldn't do it - just saying how much I would be willing to pay. If I'm going to drop 2-3K, it won't be for a whitetail.
    I agree totally. I would not pay for a hunt. Just not for me either. But anyone that wants to then I say go for it. Just not something I would pay good money for.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    I agree I would never pay to go on a whitetail hunt. There is too many free roaming deers that are even on public land that can be hunted for free. I hunt with my son last weekend seen several big bucks. I talked to one guy that seen 5 deers that would make Ohio big bucks (140" or more). This was a youth hunt (last one of the year there) and there was still a ton of deer roaming the woods. They are havening a adult muzzle loader hunt there this weekend. It is a lottery hunt so no guarantee to be picked every year. There is lots of this stuff if you do the homework to find that is free. To me a whitetail isn't worth paying for.

the problem with doing the homework and scouting is that. we have about 400,000 deer in the state. alot of poaching goes on where abouts i hunt. i know 400,000 deer seems like alot but about 200,000 hunters. i have been hunting since i was 12 and just this year at age 22 i got to actually draw back on a buck.(peep was turned ) we have looked at black bear hunts in alberta 3500 a peice for 2 bear a coyote and a wolf. i understand that you wouldnt pay to shoot a deer because of the abundance where you live. but all the posts i see are from northern states. most of the sites i have seen are promising boone and crocket deer. 170 class. not many state the pope and young classes.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

$2000 for a 7 day fully guided, all inclusive western elk archery rut hunt. And yes, this includes my travel, beer and food, hence all inclusive...
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    $2000 for a 7 day fully guided, all inclusive western elk archery rut hunt. And yes, this includes my travel, beer and food, hence all inclusive...
    all the elk hunts that i have seen are like 6000 not including fees and license
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

For whitetail: $0.

For game we don't have in Indiana: ???? Must be fair chase but still a good chance of success if I do my part with the shot.

For High Fence: You must pay me to do that. Not sure I do it even then.

Bust 'Em

hold on boys.i can see gamoboy's plight.he might not have access to private land or just might not live in the part of the state that actually has concentrations of great numbers of big bucks.i am from mississippi and i did the same thing.i got a chance to hunt a part of my own state that is well known,the delta on the mississippi river,for huge bucks and i took it.i paid around$350.00 for a 1 day morning and evening hunt.i got to stay in the lodge eat 3 good meals and hunt a part of the state that i probably will not get to hunt again,barring i win the lottery or get willed some vast amount of money,because the leases there in the delta are just too expensive except for the uber rich.i killed a very nice 8 point and would have mounted him except that he was pretty broken up from fighting,like pretty much every point was in some way damaged,but when you just have 1 day you can't be too choosey.so i say gamoboy if you really like your state and belive that you will be successful there then go for it.let me just say that 1 of the reasons that i took the chance to go on this place is that it originally,and still is except for that 1 year,an exclusive duck hunters palace where they don't deer hunt so i figured that i would be hinting some non pressured deer.
    Whitearrow->>>------------------->

At this point in time, I wouldnt PAY anything......

as i dont have funds for that kind of luxury......

I would much prefer going someplace the whole family can enjoy.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    At this point in time, I wouldnt PAY anything......

as i dont have funds for that kind of luxury......

I would much prefer going someplace the whole family can enjoy.....
    well i want it to be a get away but also a hunt at the same time. this will probably be atlest a year if not 2 years away. the lil on will be a grandpas
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

First, Get as much Referrals from people that hunted with the Outfitter your considering. try to get 3rd party and not some friend of the Outfitter. The price would also differ from the Size class Bucks, management or trophy. Shop around my friend.